Dr. Barnes is an orthopaedic surgeon.
Board Certifications: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery & American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD- Baylor Medical School-1960
Orthopaedic Residency Baylor Medical School
Board Certified Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1969, permanent
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AADEP- FELLOW
AM ACAD. OF ORTHO SURG-Fellow
Member of Western Ortho Soc, Texas Orthopaedic and Houston Orthopaedic Societies, Houston Surgical Society, Former member 48th Parralel Medical Society
Past President Houston Surgical Society
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 200
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Orthopaedic surgery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Malpractice-95%
Personal injury 10%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Malpractice 5%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: over 200
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I don't know
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: perhaps 50
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: over 30
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: record reviews, medical examinations, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 700
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 700
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 7000
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 1200
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Out of town testimony $6000 a day
For further details, request my fee schedule
References upon request.