Dr. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, is former IRS Revenue Agent and former University Assistant Professor. Dr. Fiona Chen examined internal control systems and financial statements of hundred of business entities. She is a licensed CPA in Illinois. She taught, researched, and published in Pubic Administration, Budgeting, Financial Management, Statistical Analysis and Computer Applications. Dr. Fiona Chen is certified in Business Valuation, Financial Forensics, and Information Technology Professional by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Fiona Chen's specialty areas include Government Finances, IRS Tax Issues, Forensic Accounting, and Financial Statement Adjustment. She is the founder and president of Fiona Chen Consulting Company, a Tax and Forensic Accounting Firm.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Valuation
- Data Communications
- Forensic Accounting
- Franchise Valuation
- Fraud Investigation
- Information Technology
- Intangible Assets Appraisal
- Personal Property Valuation
- Restaurant Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Master and Ph.D. in Public Administration specializing in Quantitative Policy Analysis
Registered CPA, State of Illinois, 2001
Licensed CPA, State of Illinois, 2002
Certified in Financial Forensics by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Certified in Information Technology Professional by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Illinois CPA Society
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA)
American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Taught Public Budgeting and Financial Management and Computerized Financial Models for over seven years; Computer Applications, Quantitative Policy Analysis, and Statistical Research Methods for over ten years as Assistant Professor at Florida State University, California State University, Los Angeles, and Eastern Washington University. Paper presentation and presentations in various international, national, and regional professional association meetings. Quoted in local newspapers.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Eight.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Shareholder disputes, embezzlement and fraud, forensic accounting, forensic audit, financial statement adjustment, government finance, salary/wage valuation, compensation to officer, shareholder % ownership change, economic and financial condition identification, budgeting and financial management,loss and damage calculation, verification of computer data change, financial statement fraud, fraud examination, internal control check, and business valuation.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Four.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert witness, litigation support, field observation, reports, assets location, background check
References upon request.