Doctor Gersh is a Board-certified OB/GYN with a full-time practice in gynecology and women's health. As an expert witness, she specializes in all aspects of gynecological health, sexual assault (children and adults), pharmaceutical and medical device patent disputes, and the effects of environmental toxins on female health. She works closely with attorneys to ensure they understand all medical facets of a case. With her extensive experience as an expert witness and as a national and international lecturer, Dr. Gersh is able to explain to attorneys and jurors the essential medical points of a case in a clear and relatable manner.
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Sexual Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: EDUCATION
A.B. Degree in History – 1970 - 1973
Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
M.D. Degree – 1973 - 1977
University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California
Internship and Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology – 1977 - 1981
Kaiser Hospital, Hollywood, California
Fellowship in Integrative Medicine – 2010 - 2012
University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, Tucson, Arizona
California – 1978 to present
BOARD CERTIFICATION - CURRENT
Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Diplomate, American Board of Integrative Medicine
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: MEDICAL ASSOCIATIONS AND SOCIETIES
Androgen Excess-PCOS Society
North American Menopause Society
American Medical Association
California Medical Association
Orange County Medical Association
National Vulvodynia Association
Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
Institute of Functional Medicine
American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ACTIVITIES
Medical Association Positions
Council on Science and Public Health, California Medical Association 2016-present
Delegate and Alternate Delegate to the Congress of Delegates, California Medical Association 2010 - present
Legislative Committee Member, Orange County Medical Association 2010 - present
Expert Reviewer (highest rank), Medical Board of California 1980’s - present
Quality of Care Evaluations, Depositions, and Courtroom Expert Testimony
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Please see CV for extensive list of speaking engagements - in-person, broadcasts, podcasts, webinars; for CME credit, professional and lay audiences.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100+ in last 5 years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Sexual abuse and assault, medical malpractice, patent disputes for both pharmaceuticals and medical devices, vaccine compensation board, personal injury
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 40+ in last 5 years.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10/9/2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Testified at trial or arbitration 21 times in last 5 years.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, review of records, writing of reports, IMEs, and testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $625
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $625
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $925
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 1/2 day $5,800, Full day $11,000
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel $400/hr
Available Upon Request