Erin Kini is an operating room nurse with Certified Nurse of the Operating Room (CNOR) Certification and over a decade of OR experience in a major academic medical center. Ms. Kini has obtained her Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with Dean's List Distinction, and has been published in AORN Journal. She is a member of the Association of Peri-Operative Registered Nurses and the American Nurses Association. She has been retained as an expert witness in many cases such as retained foreign objects, positioning injuries, wrong-site surgeries, surgical fires and sterilization issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Pennsylvania Registered Nurse
Certified Nurse of the Operating Room
Bachelor's Degree in Science of Nursing
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses, American Nurses Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 30+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Retained foreign objects, positioning injuries, wrong site surgery, sterilization, operating room nursing standards of care, DVT after surgery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10/2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case review, affidavit of merit, expert report, deposition, trial testimony
Available Upon Request