Erin P. Higinbotham, PE
Motorcycle Crash Reconstruction, Motorcycle Expert, ATV Expert, Vehicle Crash Reconstruction, Event Data Recorder Imaging.
Location: All 50 states and Canada.
Erin is a two-time national champion (2003 & 2006) with the American Motorcyclist Association with over 40 years of experience in operation, design and maintenance of both on and off-road motorcycles. His professional work on motorcycles has included motorcycle incident investigations coast-to-coast in the United States and Canada. His motorcycle expert and vehicle expert work has spanned the range from initial inspections through trial testimony.
As a Project Engineer at a proving grounds facility for Automotive Testing Laboratories, he completed testing for motorcycle and automotive OEM’s dealing with engines, emissions, vehicle components including brakes, and alternative fuels. For the Transportation Research Center, he managed motorcycle and automotive programs in the areas of emissions, performance and durability.
Erin is a Professional Engineer registered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) and is licensed in Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Texas, Michigan and Alabama. He’s a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American Motorcyclist Association, Western Eastern Roadracing Association and the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association.
Click on the link below to learn more about Erin and view his CV.
- Automotive Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University (1992)
Registered Professional Engineer in multiple states.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Society of Automotive Engineers
American Motorcyclist Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 400+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Motorcycles, Motorcycle Operation, Crash Reconstruction, Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Engineering
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Less than 30%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: More than 70%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 70+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 15+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 12+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Motorcycle inspection, vehicle inspections, crash site inspections, testing, reports, construction of trial exhibits, testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $325/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $325/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $325/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Fees are at cost without markup
James B. Summers
Allen, Summers, Simpson, Lillie & Grisham
80 Monroe Avenue, Suite 650
Memphis, TN 38103
Michael R. Josephs
The Josephs Law Firm
255 Alhambra Circle, Suite 700
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Aaron M. Speer
750 North Saint Paul Street
Dallas, TX 75201
John F. Hughes
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani
1111 Broadway, Suite 1700
Oakland, CA 94607