Dr. Santos is a board-certified Orthopaedic Surgeon in active practice in South Texas. He is trained in Biomedical Engineering/Biomechanics with a B.S., M.S.E. and Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Santos served in the U.S. Air Force as a flight surgeon and director of Occupational Medicine at Dyess AFB. He has served as a Designated Doctor for the State of Texas and remains certified in providing MMI/IR determinations. Dr. Santos has significant experience in personal injury and malpractice cases for both defense and plaintiffs with 15 depositions and 2 trial appearances in the last 5 years.
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Industrial Medicine
- Materials Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Personal Injury
- Sports Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Diplomate American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
M.D. - University of Pennsylvania
M.S.E., Ph.D. Bioengineering - University of Pennsylvania
B.S. in Biomedical Engineering - Johns Hopkins University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Member Texas Orthopaedic Association
Member Texas Medical Association
Member American Medical Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Assistant Professor University of North Texas Health Sciences Center Fort Worth (2013-present)
Adjunct Assistant Professor Texas A&M University of the Health Sciences (2013 - 2017)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: N/A
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 50 times over the last 5 years, 15 depositions in the last 5 years, 2 Trial Expert Witness appearances last 5 years
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Orthopaedic Surgery
Personal Injury cases, Malpractice cases, Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15 times last 5 years
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 17 times last 5 years
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twice in the last 5 years
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 8 years on a consistent basis, record of depositions/trial witness appearances since 2017
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Review of medical records
Analysis/Rebuttal of Life Care Plans
Biomechanical analysis (injury mechanism, motor vehicle collisions)
Independent Medical Exams (McAllen, TX office)
Extent of Injury Determination
Functional Capacity Evaluation (McAllen, TX office)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $2000/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3000/hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $2000 retainer to inmate a case
Travel Expenses are invoiced for in-person depositions or trial appeance
Rush Fee of $4000 if report needed within 72 hours
Late Fees for invoices not paid with 30 days 10% of invoice for 31-60 days, more than 60 days 25% of invoice
Available Upon Request