I am a board-certified fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee replacement surgery. I am on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Arthroplasty. I am in my 34th year in practice and am an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in Orthopedic Surgery at the IU School of Medicine, teaching residents and medical students. I am SEAK and AADEP trained as an Expert Witness and am ABIME certified for IMEs. I have performed hundreds of IMEs and have experience in depositions and trial testimony for both plaintiffs and defendants. I have been on several state review panels for potential medical malpractice claims and have performed over 100 file reviews including disability reviews and utilization reviews. I have been an active member of our hospital's Surgery Standards Committee for several years.
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Medical Malpractice
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certification through ABOS.
ABIME Certification for IMEs.
MBA degree from Xavier University.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AMA, AAHKS, Clinical Orthopedic Society, Mid-America Orthopedic Association, Indiana State Medical Association,
Fellow AAOS, Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery IU School of Medicine
Co-author book chapter in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Dozens of times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Medical Malpractice/Deviation from Standard of Care, Disability Evaluation/PPI rating, Personal Injury Cases
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60 - 65%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 35 - 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over a dozen
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: February/March 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Once
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Half a dozen times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Approximately 3 - 4 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: File reviews, Quality reviews, IMEs, PPI ratings, Medical Record Reviews, Deposition and Court Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Currently $750/hr. $3,000 non-refundable retainer if retained by attorney.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Currently $750/hr to include attorney phone discussions and report preparation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $750/hr., two hours minimum pre-paid
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Currently $5000/half day plus expenses
References upon request.