Retired Captain Mamet founded ECJM Consultants, Inc., in 1998, after completing forty years service in the New York City Police Department. His group provides high quality, cost effective police and security practices expertise to clients on a variety of law enforcement and security related issues.
ECJM Consultants Inc. specializes in law enforcement and security liability matters, supporting both plaintiff and defense attorneys.
Edward Mamet and his group has been retained as expert witnesses in several hundred
law enforcement and security liability cases. They have testified in state, federal and administrative trials.
Areas of Expertise
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Jail Suicide
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Premises Liability
- Security Management
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Saint Francis College, Brooklyn, New York
Sep 1972 - Feb. 1976
A.S., B.S in Criminal Justice, 1976
Minor: Business Administration.
Long Island University, Greenvale, New York
Sep 1976 - Feb. 1978
M.P.A. in Public Administration, 1978
The New York City Urban Academy for Management.
1982 Graduate (New York State Top Twenty Program)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: International Association of Chiefs of Police
Police Executive Research Forum
International Law Enforcement Educators & Trainers Association
American Academy for Professional Law Enforcement
Americans For Effective Law Enforcement
Association of Former Intelligence Officers
American College of Forensic Examiners Inc.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
American Society for Industrial Security
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: TAUGHT CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, INTRODUCTION TO POLICING AND PRIVATE SECURITY GUARD TOPICS
Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology & Criminal Justice
Lecturing Saint Francis College, Brooklyn, New York
Adjunct Professor & Guest Lecturer, Criminal Justice Center.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York
Faculty Member, Division of Social Studies.
Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, New Jersey
General Topics Security Guard Instructor.
State of New York Division of Criminal Justice Services
Guest Lecturer: Criminal Justice Graduate Program
Saint John’s University, Queens, New York
Adjunct Instructor, College Accelerated Program for Police
New York Institute of Technology, Greenvale, New York
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 300
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Police practices and procedures, Negligent security
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 28
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 21, 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 37
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 37
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 21
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert witness, Consulting, Site Inspections, Research
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $325.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $325.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $357.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $428.57
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel, Auto Mileage, Tolls, Meals, Copy Expenses, Hotel
Available Upon Request