Audio • Video • Digital Media
Tape authentication, enhancement, transcription, voice identification and elimination, audibility, alarms and warnings, patent claims, acoustical compliance, gunshot analysis, musicology, digital media recovery from cellular telephones and PDAs, and computer forensics.
Since 1992, when the Audio Forensic Center was acquired by Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. (CSA), the company has doubled in size and continues to provide a wide variety of audio and video forensic services and expert testimony for attorneys, public defenders, private investigators, law enforcement, and human resources departments.
CSA, with a staff of more than 40, is involved in over 900 projects annually, providing consulting services in architectural acoustics, engineering acoustics, environmental acoustics, audiovisual system design, telecommunications/data design, sound system design, acoustic simulation, and public presentation/expert testimony.
The combined resources of the AFC’s laboratory and CSA’s acoustics laboratory and simulation facilities provide state-of-the-art technology for enhancement, authentication, and other forensic services.
Areas of Expertise
- Electronic Discovery
- Entertainment & Media
- Intellectual Property
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: University of California, San Diego, Ph.D. 1987 Computer Audio (Music -Theoretical Studies). Emphases in psychoacoustics, digital signal processing, computer audio, acoustic engineering, speech sciences, music theory. Dissertation: Control of Auditory Distance. Research conducted at the Computer Audio Research Laboratory facility, UCSD.
Mills College, Oakland, California, M.F.A. 1981 Electronic Music & Recording Media
University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A. cum laude 1979 Music & Heuristic Models
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Acoustical Society of America; Audio Engineering Society; Human Factors and Ergonomics Society; Institute of Noise Control Engineering; American College of Forensic Examiners; IEEE;International Association for Identification; Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Video Association; California Association of Licensed Investigators
References upon request.