Ms. Haraminac is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE from ACFE), a Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF from NACVA), a Licensed Private Investigator (PI from TX PSB), and a Licensed CE Instructor (TX PSB). She has conducted traditional fraud investigations and financial forensic engagements, deploying sophisticated methods to determine whether indications of fraud exist, to prevent fraud, and to assess the risk of fraud in an organization. In addition, Ms. Haraminac’s unique background enabled her to pioneer investigations in cryptofraud, frauds perpetrated with the use of cryptocurrency such as bitcoin, ether, or others. She has developed hybrid investigative approaches that blend traditional investigative methods with digital forensic expertise (computer forensics) and is available for expert witness testimony in complex disputes where these issues arise.
Ms. Haraminac can provide expertise on damage calculations in complex disputes, commercial, civil or criminal. Ms. Haraminac has been qualified as an expert in bitcoin asset and cryptocurrency tracing in a California family court (2018).
Areas of Expertise
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation Finance
- Lost Profits
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Trade Secrets
- White Collar Crime
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA - Decision and Information Science
CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner, ACFE
MAFF - Master Analyst in Financial Forensics, NACVA
PI - Licensed Private Investigator, Texas
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Association for Computing Machinery
Association for Corporate Growth
Turnaround Management Association
Texas Association of Licensed Investigators
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Comprehensive Forensic Investigations - Presented at Annual Conference, Texas Association of Licensed Investigators, August 23, 2018
Bitcoin: Intro to Cryptocurrency and Evidence - Presented at the North Texas Midwinter Conference, Texas Association of Licensed Investigators, February 8, 2018
Open Source Intelligence - Presented at the Midwinter Conference, Texas Association of Licensed Investigators, March 1, 2018
Blockchain Breakdown: Smart Contracts, Tokenization/ICOs, Cryptocurrencies – Moderator, State Bar of Texas International Law Institute, April 5, 2018
Legal Implications of Artificial Intelligence – Moderator, State Bar of Texas International Law Institute, April 5, 2018
Bitcoin, the First ICO - Presented at the Petroleum Accountants Society of Houston, March 8, 2018, and at the Texas Association of Licensed Investigators Monthly Luncheon, April 19, 2018
Cybercrime: Building a Digital Street Sense - Presented to Alvin ISD Police Department, 2017, Harris County District Attorney’s Office and the U.S. Secret Service, Houston, TX 2018
Bitcoin: An Introduction to Cryptocurrency - Presented to the Houston Police Department - Financial Crimes Unit and Crain, Caton, and James - Probate Law Group, 2017, as well as to the Texas Association of Licensed Investigators North Texas Midwinter Conference, BoyarMiller Litigation Group, and BoyarMiller Business Group, 2018 among others
The Darknet: A Guided Tour - Presented to the Texas Association of Licensed Investigators, Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas, 2017
Bitcoin, the Darknet, and Today’s Cyber Landscape (7 CLE Credits) - Approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 7 credit hours, of which 1 credit hour will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit, 2017
Math Models with Applications - a FlexBook Textbook, ck12, 2014
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cell phone forensics, fraud investigation and damage calculations, and bitcoin asset and cryptocurrency tracing.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free first hour.
Available Upon Request