I have been in private practice since 1979. For 5 years I was a community pediatrician, and since 1986 I have maintained a private practice in adult and pediatric allergy & Immunology. I have been a medical expert since 1995; forensic consulting accounts for about 5% of my practice time annually. I am a past member of the Board of Pharmacy for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a past president of the Massachusetts Allergy Society and the New England Allergy Society.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Occupational Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD: 1976 from University of Brussels (Belgium)
Pediatric Residency 1976-1979: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
Allergy & Immunology Fellowship 2004-2006: Cleveland Clinic
Board Certified: pediatrics; allergy & immunology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow: AAAAI, ACAAI
Member: MA Allergy Society,New England Allergy Society
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 100 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: occupational & non occupational allergy/asthma/dermatology, latex allergy, mold allergy, building related illness ("Sick Building"), wrongful death, medical malpractice, patent infringement
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 20%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: approximately 50 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 11 times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 11 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: since 1995
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, testimony, testing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $3,500 for half day, $7,000 for full day plus expenses
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Available upon request
References upon request.