Board Certified in Surgery, Advanced Trauma Life Support Certified. Expert in trauma; general surgery, including abdominal wound care, laparoscopy; appendicitis, diverticulitis, gallbladder, laparoscopic cholecystectomy), abdominal pain. All education in United States; no accent; articulate and able to explain complex medical concepts simply. Graduated Harvard Law School 2003. Twenty years surgical experience including: Mayo Clinic Jacksonville; private practice; indigent care hospital; former Chief of Surgery at major urban hospital; wound care surgeon. Now locum tenens surgeon.
- General Surgery
- Health Care Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: AB Biology, Washington University St Louis
MD, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine
JD, Harvard Law School.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Human Anatomy, St. Petersburg College
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: About 50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General surgery, trauma, laparoscopy, wound care, decubiti
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 92
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 8
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2015
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: >5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: >5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: >20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, record review, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3000 if I can get back to do a half day work at home.
$5000/day if I have to give up a full day.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Client pays travel expenses.
Samuel Bearman, Pensacola FL, 850 438 1000
Gary Bizal, New Orleans, 504 525 1328