Econalysis® Consulting was founded by Dennis M. Giuffré, in Houston, to provide specialized economics consulting services. Since 1978, Giuffré has been engaged as a consultant and expert witness in the issue of damages and related economic matters. Economics services have been provided over a broad and diverse field of industries and markets, and in numerous causes of action. Analyses have spoken to damages sustained by businesses and by individuals. Giuffré has also conducted analyses of insurance claim losses and in subrogation. He has been retained by plaintiffs and by defendants, and is a listed consultant with DRI, AAJ, AM Best, and other entities.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Valuation
- Environmental Economics
- Lost Profits
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Master of Science, Economics; Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Master of Science, Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Texas
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct, Houston Baptist University, Economics
Instructor, Houston Community College, Economics
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: I do not know if any of my accreditations have ever been investigated. However, none have ever been suspended or removed.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as a consultant and/or potential or actual expect some 250 to 300 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Economic damages analysis, and other economic issues analysis in patent and other intellectual property infringement, trade secrets misappropriation, antitrust, unfair competition, deceptive trade practices, breach of contract, tortious interference with a contract, products liability, fraud, slander, defamation, trespass, discrimination, personal injury, wrongful death, class action, etc. Engineering and mathematical analysis of technical matters.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Estimated 60-65%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Estimated 30-35%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Estimated 40 to 50 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 7, 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Every time
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Estimated 20 to 25 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: For 40 years, since July 1978
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, analysis, report preparation, rendering testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: If my consultation regarding a new engagement is relatively brief, i.e., an hour or less, there is no rate for such consultation.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: My hourly rate is the same for reviewing documents, gathering other data and information, conducting analysis, preparing reports, providing deposition testimony, providing trial testimony, assisting attorney with appellate analysis, etc. I bill at an hourly rate, determined to the nearest minute. I do not bill at a premium rate for rendering testimony.
If required to be out of Houston, but to return in the evening, I bill travel time at one-half hourly rate. If required to be out of Houston overnight, I bill each 24-hour period for a 10-hour per diem.
Billing rate provided upon request.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Out of pocket expenses, e.g., travel expenses, at cost.
Meredith & Keyhani, PLLC
205 Main Street
East Aurora, NY 14052
David E. Dunham
Taylor Dunham L.L.P.
919 Congress Ave., Suite 900
Austin, TX 78701
Abogado Aly, PLLC
5950 Gulf Freeway, Suite 200
Houston, TX 77023