Dawn L. Cook highly experienced in brain injury. She has prepared life care plans and life care plan rebuttals for traumatic brain injury, anoxic brain injury, pediatric brain injury, cerebral palsy, mild brain injury, moderate/severe brain injury. Dawn Cook has testified to life care plans in brain injury at State and Federal Court. She is a licensed Registered Nurse with three certifications in life care planning and she was valedictorian of her nursing class. Dawn Cook has worked with serious and catastrophic illness and injury for over 30 years including clinical settings, home care and life care planning.
Dawn Cook has prepared hundreds of expert reports and has testified at deposition or trial at state court or Federal Court over 30 times.
Dawn Cook prepares Life Care Plans, Critiques Life Care Plans, she prepares Future Medical Cost Projections and Past Medical Bill Reviews for both Plaintiff and Defense, as well as Family Law and Criminal cases.
Dawn Cook's client list includes over 110 attorneys in Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah and Washington state.
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Life Care Planning
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: • Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDMES), 2017
• Certified Nurse Life Care Planner (CNLCP) #4150834, 2015
• RN License New Mexico RN-79312, 2014
• Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) #1159, 2012
• Lifetime Nurse Care Planner-Certified (LNCP-C), 2012
• RN License Nevada #RN71479, 2012
• RN License California #411737, 1986
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: • American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (AANLCP) since 2012
• American Nurses Association (ANA) since 2012
• Nevada Nurses Association since 2012
• Organization of Lifetime Nurse Care Planners since 2012
• American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC) since 2013
• Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA) since 2014
• American Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) since 2016
• International Transplant Nurses Society (ITNS) since 2016
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 1. 6/26/17 invited speaker at the International Transplantation Nurse Society annual conference: “Transplantation Costs and Litigation, Valuing the Lifetime Cost of Organ Transplantation” Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
2. 2/7/16 speaker at the American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Nurse Life Care Planning” San Antonio, Texas.
3. 10/15/15 speaker at the Las Vegas Valley Paralegal Association, “How to Select a Life Care Planning Expert Witness.” Las Vegas, Nevada.
4. 9/19/15 speaker at the American Society of Pain Management Nursing, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Pain Management” Atlanta, Georgia.
5. 5/3/15 speaker at the Executive Forum for Lifetime Nurse Care Planners, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Life Care Planning” Honolulu, Hawaii.
6. 4/18/15 speaker at the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome for Legal Nurse Consultants.” Indianapolis, Indiana.
7. 9/21/14 speaker at the International Symposium of Life Care Planners, “The Movable Office.” Minneapolis, Minnesota.
8. 1/31/13 speaker at National Business Institute’s seminar “Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys” in Fresno, California.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 200 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Life Care Planning
Future Medical Cost Projections
Past Medical Bill Reviews
For plaintiff and defense
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 30 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 06/23/2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twice
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twice
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 6 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
Turner W. Branch, Esq., 2025 Rio Grande Boulevard NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104 email@example.com
Barrick, Gallian, Welker and Beckstrom, 540 E. St. Louis Street, Las Vegas, NV 89104, 702-892-3500
Bradshaw, Bradshaw Law, 974 5th St, Elko, NV 89801
Daniel Reed, Reed and Mansfield Law, 6655 W. Sahara Ave. #B200, Las Vegas, NV 90146 Tel: 702-521-3794
Galen Schutt, 8830 S. Maryland Pkwy, #115, Las Vegas, NV 89123 702-685-8400
Frank Mitchell, 2930 S. Tioga Way, suite 400, Las Vegas, NV, 89117. 702-443-6166, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Moore, Esq., Edward Bernstein and Associates, 500 4th Street South, Las Vegas, NV 89101. email@example.com 702-471-5721
Kimberly Wong, Esq., The Veen Firm, 711 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102 702-673-4800
Mark Wenzel, Esq., Bradley, Drendel and Jeanny, 6900 South McCarran Blvd, Reno, NV 89505 775-335-9999
David Tanner, Esq., Tanner Law Firm, 8635 S. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89123, 702-987-8888
-592-4529 Office +1-702-466-5188
Ben Bingham, Esq., Benson & Bingham, 11441 Allerton Park Drive, Suite 100, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135 702-684-6900
Hammarback and Scheving, PLC, 712 DeMers Avenue, Post Office Box 4, East Grand Forks, MN 56721
George Hand, Hand Page Sullivan Martin LLC, 3442 N. Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89129 firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Bianco, The Bianco Law Firm, LLP, 706 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94111 email@example.com
Joseph Huggins, Huggins and Maxwell, 8275 S. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas, Nevada 89123, Direct Line (702) 664-2074, firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Callister, Callister and Associates, 823 Las Vegas Blvd, 5th floor, Las Vegas, NV 89131 email@example.com 702-385-3343
Joe Bravo, Bravo & Margulies, 901 Market Street, Suite 450, San Francisco, CA 94103 Tel: (415) 512 - 6700 Joebravo@Bravolaw.com
Doug Reed, Reed and Mansfield Law, 6655 W. Sahara Ave. #B200, Las Vegas, NV 90146 Tel: 702-521-3794 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rabeh Soofi, Khorrami LLC, 444 South Flowers Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071 phone: 213-596-6000 email: email@example.com
Eban Milmeister, Kajioka and Bloomfield, 8350 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89117 phone: 702-776-7676 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom McDonnell , 113620 Lincoln Way, suite 310, Auburn California 95035 phone: 530-887-6295 email: email@example.com
David Smith, Smith-Zitano, 641 Fulton Ave, Suite 200, Sacramento, California 95825-4809 phone: 916-333-5933 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Law Offices of Smith and Glauser, 1218 East 7800 South, Suite 300, Sandy, UT 84094
Ronald Pehr, Law Offices of Kathryn Barker, 823 Las Vegas Blvd,South, suite 300, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Jazmine Palayo, Bullard, Brown and Beal, 234 East Commonwealth, 2nd floor, Fullerton, CA 92832
Max Corrick, Olson, Cannon, Gormely, Angulo and Stoberski, 9950 W. Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89129. 702-384-4012
Sarah Suter, Ryan Mercaldo LLC. 5588 Fort Apache St. Suite 110, Las Vegas, NV. 89148, 702-880-9222
Lee Grant, Brady, Vorwerck, Ryder and Caspino, 2795 East Desert Inn Rd. Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89121 (702) 697-6500
Robert DeBry, Salt Lake City, UT
Richard McLeod, The McLeod Law Firm, 2020 Wyandotte St., Kansas City, MO 64108, 816-421-5656
Wes Williams, Williams Law, 310 Williams Ave #A Fallon, NV 89406 775-423-7475
and many more....