Dawn Cook is a licensed Registered Nurse with two certifications in life care planning. She has worked with serious and catastrophic illness and injury for over 30 years including clinical settings, home care, and life care planning.
Dawn has completed over 450 medical damage reports for both plaintiff and defense council in 27 states. She has testified as an expert witness at deposition or trial over 55 times since 2012.
Dawn Cook prepares Life Care Plans, Life Care Plan Rebuttals, Future Medical Cost Projections, and Medical Bill Reviews for both Plaintiff and Defense.
Experince that counts, opinions that matter - contact Dawn today!
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Life Care Planning
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: • Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDMES), 2017
• Certified Nurse Life Care Planner (CNLCP) #4150834, 2015
• Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) #1159, 2012
• RN License Nevada #RN71479, 2012
• RN License California #411737, 1986
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: • American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (AANLCP) since 2012
• American Nurses Association (ANA) since 2012
• Nevada Nurses Association since 2012
• American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC) since 2013
• American Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) since 2016
• International Transplant Nurses Society (ITNS) since 2016
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 1. Presenter, “Adding Past Medical Bill Reviews to Your Practice: A Natural Addition to Life Care Planning.” International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, October 27, 2018, Charlotte, North Carolina.
2. Presenter, “Medical Bill Reviews, a Primer for Law Offices.” Las Vegas Valley Paralegal Association, January 16, 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada.
3. Presenter, “Transplantation Costs and Litigation, Valuing the Lifetime Cost of Organ Transplantation.” International Transplantation Nurse Society annual conference, June 26, 2017, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
4. Presenter, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Nurse Life Care Planning.” American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners, February 7, 2016, San Antonio, Texas.
5. Presenter, “How to Select a Life Care Planning Expert Witness.” Las Vegas Valley Paralegal Association, October 15, 2015, Las Vegas, Nevada.
6. Presenter, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Pain Management.” American Society of Pain Management Nursing, September 19, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia.
7. Presenter, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Life Care Planning.” Executive Forum for Lifetime Nurse Care Planners, May 3, 2015, Honolulu, Hawaii.
8. Presenter, “Complex Regional Pain Syndrome for Legal Nurse Consultants.” American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, April 18, 2015, Indianapolis, Indiana.
9. Presenter, “The Movable Office.” International Symposium of Life Care Planners, September 21, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
10. Presenter, “Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys.” National Business Institute seminar, January 31, 2013, Fresno, California.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 450 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Life Care Plans
Future Medical Cost Projections
Medical Bill Reviews
For plaintiff and defense
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 55 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 12/12/18
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Four times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 7 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650 plus expenses
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3,000 per day plus expenses
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Ground travel per IRS per mile.
Any air travel, ground transportation and lodging costs are payable in advance or
prepaid directly by your law firm.
Meals and incidental expenses will be billed at cost.
Turner W. Branch, Esq.,
2025 Rio Grande Boulevard NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104
Barrick, Gallian, Welker and Beckstrom
540 E. St. Louis Street
Las Vegas, NV 89104