Dr. David Levitt graduated from the University of Southern California School of Dentistry in 1977. He has an extensive background in General Dentistry and Oral Implantology having lectured across the United States and overseas. Dr. Levitt has published articles and is a contributor to a textbook on implants. He has evaluated numerous cases and testified both in deposition and at trial. More than one of these cases have resulted in six-figure awards.
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: DDS, Fellow American Association of Hospital Dentistry, Diplomate International College of Oral Implantologists, Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Fellow American Association of Dental Anesthesiology, Member American Dental Association, California Dental Asssociation, Orange County Dentsl Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Main Podium Speaker, Alameda County Dental Society
Speaker, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 50th Annual Meeting
“Comprehensive Surgical and Restorative Implant Treatment Planning”, Intercontinental University, Mexico City, August 24, 2000
“Maintaining the Dental Implant”, North American Team Day, Orlando, February 13, 2001
“Turning Implant Restorations into Conventional Crown and Bridge”, University of Alabama School of Dentistry, May 4, 2001
“A Rational Approach to Implant Inventory Management”, American Academy of Implant Dentistry 50th Annual Meeting and Research Symposium”, New Orleans, November 14- 18, 2001
“Teeth Verses Implants: Effect of Surface Area in Case Planning”, Boston Quincy Marriott Hotel, December 7, 2001
“Implant Prosthetics Overview”, Periodontics LTD. University of St. Louis Post Graduate Periodontal Program
“ Integrating Implants into the General Practice”, Nobel Biocare Headquarters, June 6, 2002
“Implants from A to Z: Simple to Advanced Case Planning” San Diego Implant Mini-Residency and Study Group September 18, 2002
“Comprehensive Implant Treatment Planning with the Replace Implant System”, Nobel Biocare Headquarters, February 14, 2003
“Treatment Planning Implants in Three Dimensions: Bone Grafting Techniques”, Tri-City Hospital, February 20, 2003
“ Implant Prosthetics” Nobel Biocare Training Center, Yorba Linda, CA September 27, 2003
“Comprehensive Prosthetic and Surgical Treatment Planning” New York University School of Dentistry, October 13, 2003
“Comprehensive Prosthetic and Surgical Treatment Planning” New York University School of Dentistry, October 20, 2003
Integrating implants into the general practice. Drs. Otis and Muller Implant Study Group, Roseville, CA, October 27, 2003
“Mini-Residency in Implant Surgery”, Nobel Biocare, Yorba Linda CA, January 23-24, 2004
“Comprehensive Prosthetic and Surgical Treatment Planning” University of Tennessee at Knoxville, March 18, 2004
“Hands-on Implant Training Workshop”, International Implant Conference, Melbourne, Australia March 25-26, 2004
“New Developments in Esthetics”, Newton MA, May 31, 2004
“New Developments in Esthetics”, Miami, Florida June 1, 2004
“Taking Implant Surgery to the Next Level – A Three Day Hands-On Participation Workshop”, Nobel Biocare Headquarters, June 25, 26, 27 2004
“Taking Implant to the Next Level – Hands on surgical course”, Nobel Biocare Headquarters, October 29-30, 2004
“Implant Prosthodontics”, Seattle Study Club, April 15, 2005
Oral Surgery, Periodontal, and Prosthodontic Resident Training, Travis Airforce Base, Sacramento, CA April 19, 2005
“Comprehensive Implant Prosthodontic Treatment Planning”, Stillwater Oklahoma May 13, 2005
“Advanced Nobel Active” San Francisco February 23, 2008
Perio Institute 2-day Implant Surgery Course San Jose, CA March 7, 2008
Introductory Nobel Active Beverly Hills CA March 29, 2008
Advanced Nobel Active, Seattle, CA April 26, 2008
Advanced Nobel Active, Yorba Linda, CA May 3, 2008
Advanced Nobel Active, Salt Lake City May 17, 2008
Perio Institute 2-day Implant Surgery Course, Chicago June 27, 2008
Perio Institute 2-day Implant Surgery Course, Phoenix, AZ November 21. 2008
Perio Institute 2-day Implant Surgery Course, San Francisco, CA December 12, 2008
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Between 25 and 50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General dentistry, facial trauma, dental implants, facial parasthesia
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: About 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 3 months ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: About 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Perhaps 12
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Records review, IME, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2500 half day, $4000 full day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel $450/hr
References upon request.