With over forty years' experience in the metals industry as an engineer and engineering manager, I offer expert witness and consulting services in workplace accidents, personal injury litigation, electrical and mechanical engineering, industrial equipment malfunctions, patent infringement analysis, and OSHA infractions.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Electrical Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Failure Analysis
- Industrial Engineering
- Machine Guarding
- Personal Injury
- Safety Engineering
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science from Carnegie Mellon University
Master of Science from Syracuse University
Professional Engineer License from New York State
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Life member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Member of the Association for Iron & steel Technology (AIST)
Member of the Safety & Health Committee of AIST
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Four "Safety First" articles in the AIST (Association for Iron & Steel Technology) magazine giving case scenarios as examples of injuries due to lack of safety practices
Presented "Accident Cause and Liability" talk at national conferences of AIST and NASP (National Association of Subrogation Professionals), and a New York State P.E. continuing education seminar.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 54
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Aluminum Production
Circuit Breakers & Transformers
Electric Arc Furnaces
Electrical Control Equipment
Electrical Control Systems
Electrical Distribution Equipment
Electrical Injuries & Fatalities
Hydraulic & Pneumatic Controls
Industrial Injuries & Fatalities
Industrial Equipment Performance Analysis
Metal Processing Lines
Metal Rolling Mills
Metal Slitting Lines
NY State Labor Law Safety Infractions
Patent Infringement Analysis
Steel Annealing & Annealing Furnaces
Workplace Injuries & Fatalities
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: About 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Six
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April, 2013
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 28
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: All those things the are necessary to present to the client a set of ideas, opinions, etc., that allow the case to reach a successful conclusion. These include site inspections and attendant travel, case analyses, reading and analyzing depositions, doing calculations to prove my opinions, writing a report and/or opinion, being deposed, testifying at trial
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $325.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $325.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $325.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All associated expenses at cost, such as: airplane fares, train fares, or automobile mileage; hotel charges; meals; postage; or any miscellaneous pertinent costs that may arise.
- Case Scenario: Electrocution on a Paper Cutting Press Due to Poor Grounding
- Case Scenario: Death on a Steel Mill Electric Arc Furnace
- Case Scenario: Injury on an Elevated Fork Lift Truck
- Case Scenario: Injury from a Gas Explosion in a Steel Reheat Furnace
- Case Scenario: Electrocution in an Amusement Park
Brian P Fitzgerald, Brian P. Fitzgerald, P.C., 424 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14202, (716) 852-2000
Martin Pappeterra, 137 High St, Mount Holly, New Jersey 08060, (609) 914-0900
Matthew Larkin, Hiscock & Barclay, One Park Place, 300 South State Street, Syracuse, New York 13202, (315) 425-2805, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Hobaica, Jr., 2045 Genesee Street, Utica, New York 13501, (315) 627-7777, email@example.com
Mitch Kamin, Bird, Marella, et.al., 1875 Century Park East, 23rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90067-2561, (310) 201-2100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Abdoveis, US Dept of Labor, Office of the Solicitor, Region III 170 S. Independence Mall West, Suite 630 East, Philadelphia, PA19106, (215) 861-5130, Abdoveis.Elaine.M@dol.gov
Kevin Laurilliard, MacNamee, Lochner, Titus, & Williams, 677 Broadway, Albany, NY 122074, (518) 447-3392, email@example.com