David D. Hunter, Consulting Arborist has been working in the forestry and arboriculture fields for over 40 years and provides consulting and expert witness services in the western United States.
Areas of Expertise
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 408, ISA Certified Arborist # PN 1068A 1983 BS Degree Oregon State University Resource Recreation Management, 1995 BS Degree Portland State University Science Degree with Sociology Minor. US Forest Service Hazard Tree Inspection Trained.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASCA- American Society of Consulting Arborists. ISA- International Society of Arboriculture, PNW ISA - Pacific Northwest Chapter of ISA, SAF- Society of American Foresters
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Tree pruning, tree planting, tree case studies, visual tree assessments, tree hazard assessments
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 30+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Tree forensics, timber trespass, plants, forestry, consulting arborist, plant appraisals, tree forensics with injury or death, trees
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 45
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 55
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 5 years ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 20+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 20+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 21 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, resistograph testing, tree forensics, arborist reports, professional plant appraisals, site inspection, tree risk assessments, tree health assessments, visual tree assessments
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: I have a proposal I can send once contacted.
Available Upon Request