David Goodyear, PE SE NAE - Structural and Civil Engineer; former Chief Bridge Engineer for major transportation engineering firm.
Resume of Experience:
• Major Bridge Design – Cable Stayed, Concrete Segmental, Concrete Arch, Suspension, Cast-in-Place and Precast Girders
• Bridge Construction Engineering and Erection Control – Cable Stayed, Concrete Segmental, Steel Arch and Girders
• Specialty Structures – High Speed Rail, Transit Structures, Cofferdams, Caissons, Heavy Foundations and Tie-Back Retaining Walls
• Dispute Resolution – Dispute Review Boards, Arbitration Panels
• Contracts and Project Management – Design-Build Agreements, Project Planning
• Design Code Development – PTI Cable-Stayed Recommendations, Segmental Guide Specification, AASHTO Construction Specifications
• Beaver’s Award for Engineering, 2009
• Member, National Academy of Engineering
• Member of ASCE, ACI, IABSE, PTI, SEAW, ASBI
• Past president of the Structural Engineers Association of WA
• Past SE Exam Writing Committee Member for Western States Structural Exam
• Past Chairman of the PTI Cable-Stayed Bridge Committee; and ad-hoc Subcommittee chairman for cable installation and corrosion protection provisions
• Member of PTI/NCHRP panel 20-7/32, authors of the AASHTO Guide Specification for Segmental Concrete Bridges
• Recognized in "Who's Who in Science and Technology", Featured on Discovery Channel’s “Buildings, Bridges and Tunnels”
• Member, NCHRP Committee 35-07, Inspection and Maintenance of Cable Stayed Bridges
• ASBI Leadership Award for Engineering of Concrete Segmental Arch Bridges
- Building Codes
- Civil Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Professional Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Construction
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Master of Engineering-Cornell University
Licensed Civil and Structural in CA and WA
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member, ASCE
Member, Structural Engineering Association of WA
Member, National Academy of Engineering
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 4 legal cases and 5 Dispute Review Boards
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Bridge and related foundation design and construction
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 3
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2009
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Past work was as Principal in design business, which did not focus on legal.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Reports, Forensic design review, Standard of Care review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250 / hour plus direct expenses for initial consultation and planning
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250 / hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350 / hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350 / hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel at direct cost. All data and transmission is assumed to be electronic through my Dropbox of counsel's cloud account.
Available Upon Request