Dave Doddridge has over 50,000 hours of hands on experience owning, operating and working in a construction company. He has also completed extensive coursework, seminar and lecture attendance in his particular areas of expertise. Dave was literally born into the construction business, as evidenced in a painting by his mother of him as a toddler hammering a nail into a board while “helping” his father do carpentry work.
His father, Donald Doddridge, had helped his own father build the family house, and Dave continued the tradition. Dave and his dad formed a construction company together in 1983, after his dad had started a home inspection company in the 70’s. In 1996 Donald started providing litigation support to attorneys with Dave’s assistance, and Dave continued on in the construction industry under Doddridge Associates. Currently, Dave continues to provide litigation support while still actively building under Doddridge Associates, Inc.
Unlike architects and engineers, Dave has been specifically trained in residential and commercial building codes as well as construction site safety and building inspections. He is also knowledgeable about legal issues related to being an expert. His 25 years of practical, hands-on experience provides him with the unique ability to translate written words into three-dimensional, real world interpretations. His extensive construction experience combined with his training make him invaluable as a forensic expert. His continuing and specific education in building codes, construction site safety, building materials and techniques is a testament to his commitment to his profession.
Areas of Expertise
- Building Codes
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified in Building Codes under the International Code Council (formerly BOCA), Certificate of Completion for Commercial Property Condition Assessments under ASTM Guidelines from CDW Engineering, American Institute of Architects (allied member) continuing education credits received for seminar attendance related to building codes, materials, ADA compliance etc., Commercial & Residential Construction Supervisors License (state of MA.), Home Improvement Contractor Registration (state of MA.), OSHA Certification in construction site safety
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Institute of Architects (allied member), International Code Council, National Association of Home Builders, Massachusetts Home Builders Association, Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Cape Cod, Boston Bar Association, American Architectural Foundation, Associated General Contractors of America
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction disputes in residential & commercial construction, building codes, building inspections, construction accidents, personal injury, premises liability
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 13
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Inspections of subject property, compliance with contract documents, specifications, building codes, forensic report writing, expert testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 225
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Copying expenses, postage
"I use D.A. Doddridge and Associates whenever I’m in need of expert analysis respecting the condition of real estate and issues respecting compliance with the State Building Code and other state and federal regulations. Both Donald and his son David are highly respected in the legal community and are a pleasure to deal with."
Attorney William Harrington
…..Both Don & David Doddridge have consistently provided me with exceptional reporting and court testimony.
Daniel Capodilupo, Esq.
Dear Mr. Doddridge:
Thank you for your professional work with respect to my client's claim for defective workmanship during the construction of her home addition. Your detailed inspection and photographing of the defects and your testimony before the jury was effective and assisted us in obtaining a just verdict for our client.
Very truly yours,
Joseph F. deMello, Esquire