Dr. Arredondo is an impeccably trained and experienced forensic psychiatrist who specializes in Adult, Child, and Adolescent Psychiatry. He is a graduate of both Harvard College and Harvard Medical School- where he also completed residencies and fellowships.. He is most useful in complex cases or high stakes litigation where thoughtful, thorough and very credible testimony is critical to outcome. He is widely published, nationally recognized and jealously protects his reputation as unbiased and unimpeachably credible. He is very articulate and able to form compelling relationships with judges, juries, and others (he has much public speaking experience). He is extremely cost effective and has served as a consultant and expert witness in a very wide range of cases ranging fro muti-litigant impact litigation to celebrity trials and personal injury. Although based in California he has served nationwide. Initial consultations are cost free and without obligation.
Areas of Expertise
- Child Abuse
- Child Psychiatry
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Trauma
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sanity/Trial Competency
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD Harvard Medical School, Residency Harvard Medical School, Board Certified American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. i have been granted licenses to practice medicine in California, Texas and Massachusetts.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Please note: My principal professional activity is direct clinical service to individual patients.
American Psychiatric Association
American Association for Psychiatry and the Law
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
The American Association for the Advancement of Science
As a resident at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center in Boston I was a member of the (then nascent) Program in Psychiatry and the Law of Harvard Medical School
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have been a lecturer and consultant to the judiciary, attorneys, educators, police, probation and correction officers and others on many subjects including trauma and human development for decades. I have taught residents, medical students and many other disciplines at Harvard, Stanford and the University of California for every campus. I have been featured in many national and local media on several different occasions.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Frequently over my 35 year career.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: i ave been retained in a very broad range of areas of expertise. The case include:
MULTI PLAINTIFF LITIGATION
POST TRAUMATIC STRESS
SEXUAL AND EMOTIONAL ABUSE
MEDICAL AND PSYCHIATRIC MALPRACTICE
CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
And many others..
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Many.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have been qualified every time I have been submitted. This occurs frequently. Please see Bio and CV.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I am very experienced. Please see bio or C.V. or call for detail.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have worked with the legal industry since I was first licensed in medicine ( my twenties).I began as a lecturer and consultant to the industry in my mid thirties. i am now in my sixties.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, direct forensic examinations, reports, research, mental status examinations and considerably more. INITIAL CONSULTATION IS A SERVICE I OFFER WITHOUT CHARGE OR OBLIGATION. Please see fee agreement.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: INITIAL CONSULTATION CARRIES NO FEE OR OBLIGATION. Please call or see my fee agreement for details of my rates.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Please call for my rates for document review and research. INITIAL CONSULTATION CARRIES NO FEE OR OBLIGATION.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Please call for my hourly rates. INITIAL CONSULTATION CARRIES NO FEE OR OBLIGATION.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Please call for my rates. INITIAL CONSULTATION CARRIES NO FEE OR OBLIGATION.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Please call for typical ancillary expenses. INITIAL CONSULTATION CARRIES NO FEE OR OBLIGATION.
Alexander Law Group, LLP
1 Samsome Street
San Francisco CA
or Richard Alexander
111 W. Saint John St., Suite 700
San Jose, CA 95113
HALE WESTFALL LLP
1600 Stout Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202