If you are looking for a strong, effective Expert Witness, meet Dan Bawden. Dan is extremely personable and connects well with juries, mediators, and arbitrators. He is more than articulate; he can explain complex technical matters in an easy-to-understand language, with story-telling and humor. Dan has over 35 years in residential construction and is still actively running a successful A+ rated (BBB) construction company. His professional credentials and certifications are unmatched.
Dan has assisted both homeowners and builders in equal proportions and is well known in the Houston Residential industry circles.
One of Dan's unique qualifications is that he is a practicing attorney himself (in estate planning). He understands the legal terminology and process of litigation, which makes him much easier and more efficient to work with.
Here are some of his specific qualifications: 40 years in residential construction, started as a carpenter framing homes.
Graduate Master Builder
Graduate Master Remodeler
Certified Green Professional
Certified Aging in Place Specialist
Certified Master Remodeler
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Building Contractor Liability
- Disabled Access
- Paint & Coatings
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: National Certifications: Graduate Master Builder (GMB), Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR), Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS), Certified Green Professional (CGP), Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Long-Time Member: National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Texas Association of Builders (TAB), Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Certified instructor for the NAHB has taught building certification classes to builders and remodelers in Houston, across Texas and on the national stage at the international Builders Shows in Las Vegas and Orlando. Awarded "Instructor of the Year" from the National Association of Home Builders, speaker at the Houston Custom Builder Council and the Houston Remodelers Council.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: About 30
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Residential Construction
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 30th, 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Every time
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 7
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Site Inspections, Construction disputes, Cost of Repair estimates, Duty of Care, Evaluation of Construction Defects, Project Management; Performance Standards, Claims disputes, Damage Causation, Proper Repair Protocols, Materials and Methods
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200 as of August 2022
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250 as of August 2022
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450. as of August, 2022
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $450. as of August, 2022
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: I will travel for inspections and the like. Travel expenses are billed " portal to portal" at my lowest rate
1. Jon Paul Hoelscher
PARTNER, the Bradley Law Firm
First Bank Centre
9816 Slide Road, Suite 201
Lubbock, Texas 79424
Phone: (806) 744-3232
Fax: (806) 744-221
2. JP Hoelscher