Mr. Softley is an agronomist.
His areas of expertise include agronomy, agriculture, range fires, chemical damage, crop loss and crop damage, aerial photography, and railroad derailment and fire damage. Comfortable working with odd or unusual problems, and various crops. Works throughout the U.S.
Additional number: (402) 488-2550
- Aerial Photography
- Equipment & Machinery
- Insects & Pests
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B Sc University of Nebraska 1966
Certification as a Professional Agronomist in 1978
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Agronomy
Nebraska Academy of Science -- Granted Lifetime Membership
Nebraska Fruit and Vegetable Growers
Past Board of Directors
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Central Community College Ag Instructor 1982-85. Speak to Lions Clubs frequently
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 30 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Crop Production, Herbicide problems, Fertility related problem, chemical invasion, water invasion,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 20%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Feb 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Started in 1982
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Sample Collection, Crop or Land Damage Assessment, Forensic Agronomy, Insurance Investigations (Ag Only), Range Fire Damage Evaluations, Railroad caused Crop Damage, Rangeland, or Tree Belt Damage.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $160.00,
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $160.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $320.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $320.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Direct expenses: Food, Lodging, Travel, Lab Fees, Document Retrieval, other related expenses
Justin J. Cook
Lincoln Law LLC
830 L St Ste 200
Lincoln, NE 68508
Steele Roger G
104 N Wheeler Ave,
Grand Island, NE 68801
Atchley, Russell, Waldrop & Hlavinka, L.L.P.
1710 Moores Lane
P.O. Box 5517
Texarkana, Texas 75505-5517