Dainius A. Drukteinis, M.D., J.D., is a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician. He is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Tampa General Hospital in conjunction with the University of South Florida. He studied medicine at Cornell Medical School. He trained at the NYU/Bellevue Emergency Medicine Residency Program. He is also an attorney who studied at Tulane Law School. He is licensed to practice medicine in Florida. He is a member of the New Hampshire and Massachusetts Bar. He was a Judicial Clerk at the New Hampshire Supreme Court. He conducts medical record review. His areas of expertise include EMTALA, Medical Malpractice, Risk Management, Utilization Review, Emergency Department Systems Issues, Ethics, and Peer Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Licensed to practice medicine in Florida, Member of the Massachusetts and New Hampshire Bar, M.D. from Cornell Medical School, J.D. from Tulane Law School, B.A. from Bucknell University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Tampa General Hospital/University of South Florida; Preparation of emergency medicine residents for malpractice litigation; Co-founder of the Law and Medicine Curriculum at the NYU/Bellevue Emergency Medicine Residency; Lectures in numerous areas of emergency medicine including trauma, advanced cardiac life support, cardiac disease, respiratory illness, infectious disease, fractures, kidney failure, wound management, morbidity and mortality conferences
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100 plus
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Medical malpractice, Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), Automobile Personal Injury Protection Law, Criminal, Utilization Review, Disability
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 7
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 2009
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Reports, Deposition, Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: No charge for initial consultation. $300/hour for case discussions thereafter.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400/hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $150/hour for travel plus travel expenses
References upon request.