Mechanical Engineering Consultation Services
We offer a wide range of services:
Electric to natural gas conversions
Energy and water conservation
Artesian well design
Boiler and chiller design
Indoor swimming pool HVAC design
Areas of Expertise
- Forensic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plumbing & HVAC
- Professional Engineering
- Solar Energy
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: ~ Registered Professional Engineer in: CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, & VT
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ~The National Academy of Forensic Engineers, Senior Member
~ Certified Energy Manager (CEM) as endorsed by the Association of Energy Engineers
~ Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) as endorsed by the Association of Energy Engineers
~ LEED Accredited Professional as endorsed by the U. S. Green Building Council
~ The National Academy of Forensic Engineers, Senior Member
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Professor of Energy Management, Western New England University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: My areas of specialty include origin and cause investigations of:
Carbon monoxide investigations;
Construction cost evaluations;
Fire sprinkler systems;
Flat plate solar panels;
Inadvertent fire sprinkler head failures;
Loss of heat, loss of fuel freeze analysis;
Manufacturing equipment accidents;
Metallic pipe fitting failures;
Plastic fitting failures;
Rooftop HVAC equipment;
Stairs; slips & falls;
Photo-voltaic solar panels;
Water heater failures;
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 10 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Two years ago.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: More than 10 times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: One time
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Provide professional engineering consultation services for the residential, commercial, and industrial sector. Design, engineer, and construct HVAC systems, plumbing systems, and utility conservation products for the residential, commercial, and industrial sector; boiler and chiller design. Evaluate building mechanical and structural infrastructure. Provide forensic engineering services for attorneys and the insurance industry. Advocate for utility conservation and more equitable electric natural gas, water, and sewer tariffs.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $150/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $150/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $250/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $250/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel @ $150/hr
Business expenses at cost (no mark-up)
Available Upon RequestJohn W. Bailey, Esquire
Bailey, Kelleher & Johnson
Albany, New York 12205
Telephone: (888) 360-5650
Steve Silverman, Esquire
73 State Street, Suite 203
Springfield, MA 01103.
Pure Insurance Company
1 North Lexington Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
Attorney Gordon Rehnborg, Jr.
282 River Road
Manchester, NH 03105