Ms. Christina Giles
Nashua, NH 03064
Ms. Giles has been a consultant and speaker for over 35 years. She specializes in education/training of credentialing personnel, expert witness in negligent credentialing cases and orientation/training of medical staff leaders and medical staff professionals in administrative functions such as accreditation survey preparation, credentialing, privileging and peer review, assessment and development & revision of medical staff governance documents and policies and procedures. She was inducted into the NAMSS Hall of Fame in 2017. She served as faculty for NAMSS for over 20 years. She also served as a NCQA CVO on-site surveyor for over ten years.
Ms. Giles serves as an advisor to multiple medical staff publications, such as Briefings on Credentialing and Credentialing & Peer Review Legal Insider. She is a co-author and editor to The Medical Staff Services Handbook: Fundamentals and Beyond and co-author of Health Care Credentialing: A Guide to Practical Innovations and Overcoming Contemporary Credentialing Challenges. She has presented nationally on many topics such as accreditation preparation, credentialing, privileging and medical services management, efficiency & effectiveness of processes.
Ms. Giles is also co-founder and former partner in Edge-U-Cate, LLC, she functions as administrative manager of their focused study certification programs, faculty for The Credentialing School and participates in their Speakers' Bureau. She has worked with attorneys from many states as an expert witness in negligent credentialing cases.
- Hospital Administration
- Medical Credentialing
- Medical Staffing
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.A., MS.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association Medical Staff Services
Massachusetts Association Medical Staff Services
New Hampshire Association Medical Staff Services
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Over 500 presentations on a wide range of relevant topics including medical staff management, office management, practitioner credentialing and privileging, medical staff organization, medical staff meeting management, peer review, negligence in credentialing, practitioner competency (inclusive of medical staff and other health professionals), Medicare Conditions of Participation for Hospitals, accreditation standards for Joint Commission, HFAP-AOA, NCQA and DNV-GL
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over the past 15 years about 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Credentialing, Negligent credentialing, privileging, medical staff bylaws, peer review and recredentialing
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Do not have exact numbers, but most likely around 35%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Around 65%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10 years ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: None
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Have been available for the last 15 years, have often reviewed material and then not utilized by legal counsel.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, review of documents, review of credentials and peer review files (if available), assessment of bylaws, policies and procedures and relevant rules relating to credentialing and privileging, provision of opinion on processes and medical staff organization and function.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $375
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: A minimum, non-refundable advance retainer fee of $2,500 is payable at the start of the engagement. Initial work is charged against the retainer.
Consultant is available for travel for depositions and meetings. Travel time is billed at the consultation fee rate and is based on an 8 hour day. Consultant will make own travel arrangements, will purchase refundable airline tickets and rental car, hotel, and meals will be billed to client. Mileage with consultant's car will be billed at current IRS rate.
Available Upon Request