"A Physician helping an Attorney helping a Client."
The above statement is the core mission of Medico Legal Consultants of Arizona.
In an ethical, carefully researched, truthful and thoughtful manner, I feel that my position as an Expert Witness and/or Consultant allows me to help the Client/ Attorney in any way possible to find the relevant Medical facts pertinent to the legal matter so that I may guide him/her, in order to obtain the correct outcome for the Defendant or Plaintiff.
I feel that my Education, Knowledge, Experience, Training and Professionalism translates into being a competent Expert Witness.
Areas of Expertise
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Medical Malpractice
- Plastic Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Cosmetic/ Plastic Surgeon. Board Certified by American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Board Certified Independent Medical Examiner (CIME). Diplomate American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Member American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (Disability evaluation.)
Pioneer of Liposuction in Arizona.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
Member American Society of Liposuction Surgery
American Board of Cosmetic Surgery-Past Trustee and Treasurer of the Board and past Examiner for the Board
Co-founder and Past President, Arizona Society of Cosmetic Surgery
Fellow International College of Surgeons
American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (C.I.M.E.)
Member of American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians. Now I.A.I.M.E.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Liposuction: A comprehensive View, International Medical Aesthetic Symposium, Vail, CO (March 1997)
Calf Augmentation: Annual Scientific Meeting, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, New Orleans Louisiana, (Jan 1999)
Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction (UAL) Versus Suction Assisted Liposuction (SAL), Los Angeles, CA (Jan 1999)
Incisions in Breast Augmentation, Mastopexy and Breast Reduction, Annual Scientific Meeting, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Ft Lauderdale FL (Jan 2000)
Brachioplasty - A systematic approach, World Congress on Liposuction, Westminster, CO (Oct 2002)
Abdominoplasty: Choosing the Correct procedure, Annual Scientific Meeting American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Orlando Florida (Jan 2015)
Advancing Technology of Breast Implants, Annual Scientific Meeting American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, New Orleans, Louisiana (Jan 2015)
Brow Lifts: Why these should not be performed on Men, Annual Meeting Ameican Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, San Diego, CA (Jan 2016)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Eight
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Two
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: No case where I have been an Expert witness has gone to trial as of 03/11/2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Zero
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: About 10 years but seriously for the last 4 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical Records, interrogatories and depositions reviewing, Medical research/journal article delivery, Independent record review, pre-trial or deposition medical consultation, tableside deposition and court assistance, Expert witness at trial.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Retainer $2500.
Air travel on Coach where possible. All food and Board billed with receipts. Days of travel @ $100/hour. Pre-paid retainer before Depositions and/or Trials $3500.
Rudolph and Todd
15 E 5th Str.,
Tulsa Ok 74103
2775 Cottage Way, Suite 36
Sacramento CA 95825
Dodd & Maatuka
303 S Mattis Ave., Suite 201
Champaign IL 61824
Sacramento CA 95825