Dr. Russo provides business valuation and litigation support services for closely held and mid-market companies along the east coast. He provides expert witness services as a consulting expert or testifying expert. His areas of expertise include business valuation, litigation support, financial accounting, management accounting, and federal taxation. His 30-year career has encompassed successful positions in both academia and professional practice.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Accounting
- Lost Profits
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD Penn State University 2002
MBA Nova University 1991
BS-Accounting Florida State University 1983
CPA Certified Public Accountant 1987
CMA Certified Management Accountant 1995
CVA Certified Valuation Analyst 2010
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
American Accounting Association
Maryland Association of CPAs
Institute of Management Accountants
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Business Valuation Part 1, 100th Annual American Accounting Association National Conference, NY, 2016
Business Valuation Part 2, 100th Annual American Accounting Association National Conference, NY, 2016
University Professor: Federal Taxation of Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts, Advanced Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Advanced Cost Accounting, Graduate Tax Policy, Graduate Management Accounting, Graduate Taxation of Entities, Federal Taxation of Individuals, Intermediate Financial Accounting.
Instructor for continuing professional education: Business Combinations Consolidated Financial Statements, Corporation Taxation, Partnerships, Estates, Trusts, Gift Taxation, Individual Taxation, Financial Management, Macro and Micro Economics, Information Systems and Communications, Working Capital and Fixed Assets, Leases Liabilities and Bonds, Governmental Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting, Cash Flow Analysis.
See Curriculum Vita
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Business litigation, matrimonial, cash flow analysis, purchase/sale of a business, estate/gift taxation, solvency/going concern, bankruptcy, buy-sell agreements, shareholder disputes.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Business valuation, litigation support, lost profits, damages, consulting expert, testifying expert, financial accounting, taxation, cost accounting.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300. Client engagements are often fixed fee with additional cost for out of scope work.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel and related expenses.
Available Upon Request