Dr Clarke is a degreed and registered professional engineer in the field of metallurgy and material science. He has over 30 years of experience in this field and offers expertise specifically in the areas of metallurgy, fracture mechanics, corrosion, and welding. Dr Clarke has industrial experience in ship building, chemical plants, paper mills, and manufacturing. Testimony has been offered in state and federal courts for both plaintiffs and defendants. Litigation cases have included automotive component failures, pressure vessel explosions, heat exchanger failures, tree stands, corrosion and numerous other component failures. Several of these cases have been published recently as peer reviewed papers. Links to these papers are available on his web site. Dr Clarke strives to provide a thorough, engineered analysis of the problem which can withstand a critical examination.
Areas of Expertise
- Failure Analysis
- Forensic Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Professional Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BSE in Metallurgy, Univ of Alabama
MS & PhD in Metallurgy & Material Science, Lehigh Univ
Registered in AL & MS
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASM
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Univ of South Alabama; metallurgy, stress analysis, fluid mechanics
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: In excess of 400
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Failure analysis, metallurgy, materials science, corrosion, fracture mechanics, welding
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: In excess of 60
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March, 2008
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: at least 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: AT LEAST 25
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 30 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting services, laboratory services in metallurgy (see web site), full scale testing in special cases
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses, Photography, SEM, Incidental expenses related to the case
References upon request.