Chantal M. Roberts, CPCU, AIC, RPA is an expert witness whose career reflects over 20 years of accomplishments in the insurance industry. She began handling commercial auto liability claims at Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and personal auto low-impact claims at MetLife. She worked in a third-party administrator for certain syndicates of Lloyd’s of London, where she continued handling a wide variety of claims such as business interruption, general liability, special investigations/fraud investigation, homeowner, cargo (inland marine), and property insurance. Ms. Roberts ultimately became the Director of Claims overseeing approximately 35 adjusters.
As an expert witness, Ms. Roberts is passionate about advancing good faith claims handling and best practices for adjusters. Ms. Roberts knows that claims aren’t easy which is why she strives for honest, clear communication with her clients. She keeps her clients updated and continues to follow up with them until a case has been closed.
She has the ability to highlight the strengths of a case, and because she has her clients’ best interest at heart, she will call it like she sees it. She knows you want not only the strengths of the case, but also the weaknesses. Ms. Roberts is also incredibly gifted in quickly detecting violations of claims standards and practices and determining how those violations impact a case.
She strongly believes in the necessity to seek assistance from an expert before filing a complaint. This gives experts like Ms. Roberts the best chance to make a positive difference in the client’s situation.
When you work with Ms. Roberts, you can trust her to get the job done right. This level of trust is earned and essential.
It’s not always the witnesses who spend the most time in court who deserve your trust. Instead, it’s those who have a proven ability to produce great results. When looking at Ms. Roberts and her history of assisting clients, it becomes clear that she can be trusted to help you.
If you would like to benefit from the expertise that she shares in her consulting, speaking, or training services, contact her today.
- Bad Faith
- Business Interruption
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Insurance Excess & Surplus Lines
- Liability Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CPCU, AIC, RPA
For insurance licenses, please see CV.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: CPCU, Defense Research Institute (DRI), American Bar Association (ABA), National Cannabis Industry Association, American Association of Insurance Management Consultants, Greater Kansas City Claims Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Please see CV or website as this is constantly being updated.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Consulting, claim handling standard and procedures, good faith claim handling
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
I worked with insurers who were plaintiffs. Therefore, I work with both insurance carriers and policyholders.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: <5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: <5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: <5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Expert Witness-- 3 years
Claims Adjuster-- 20+ years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Insurance claims expert witness, lectures about claims standards and procedures, training claims staff
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Please contact me
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Please contact me
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 1 eight hour day, flat rate, pre-paid; please contact me.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Please contact me.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: As listed in retention agreement
- How Can Cannabis Claims be Covered and Adjusted?
- How Active Assailant Insurance Can Help Your Business Survive after a Mass Casualty Event (co-authored)
- What Do Power Outages, Wildfires, and Vaping Bans Have in Common?
- The Stuff of Dreams—or Nightmares? The Product Liability Claims Menace Lurking in the Marijuana Marketplace
- Pet Shop Boys (Vet Liability)
- Adjusting COVID-19 Claims (printed in Property Casualty 360)
- Liability Waivers in the COVID-19 Age
- Has the Insured Nailed It?
- Green Family Gatherings: Confused about cannabinoids? Let's meet the family.
- Helping Businesses Survive a Mass Casualty Event
- Yes, I Have a Reservation! The Dos and Don'ts of Reservation of Rights Letters
- Riots, Civil Commotion and Vandalism at the Capitol
- Putting Away the Shovel: An Exploration of the Law of Holes
Michael L. Young
Phone: 314-480-4152 Cell: 314-443-9814
211 North Broadway, Suite 2700, St. Louis, MO 63102
Andrew (Drew) A. Woellner
Partner ‑ Property Loss Division
Potts Law Firm
Phone: 713.963.8881 | 713.904.3876 (D)
3737 Buffalo Speedway, Suite 1900
Houston, TX 77098
Cosollus Law Firm