Experienced emergency physician, teacher, public speaker and veteran offers consultation, chart review and testimony as an expert witness representing plaintiff, prosecution or defense regarding litigation arising from or involving the Emergency Department.
I have practiced emergency medicine for 37-years, am a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians, and am licensed to practice medicine in the State of California.
I am familiar with the standard of care for emergency physicians and physician extenders (physician assistants & nurse practitioners) working as emergency medicine providers and have qualified as an expert witness in emergency medicine at medical malpractice and/or criminal trials in the States of California, Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and Florida.
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Medical Doctor
Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians
Captain USAFR: Appointment 31 March 1970 / Honorable Discharge 12 January 1978
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Emergency Physicians
Forensic Expert Witness Association
Society of Forensic Engineers & Scientists
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical instructor in Emergency Medicine with:
- Stanford University Medical School
- University of California Davis, School of
- United States Army Medical Corps at Letterman
Army Medical Center
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 400
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Medicine
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 70
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 25
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 24
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consultation, chart review, research, reports & testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 500.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 500.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 700.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 3000.00 half day / $6000.00 full day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $3000.00 retainer with first set of documents to review. $200.00 portal-to-portal travel fees. Travel and hotel costs paid for by retaining attorney.
Eric C. Ragatz, Esq.
Law Offices of Edwards & Ragatz
501 Riverside Avenue, Suite 601
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Patrick A. Rose, Esq.
United States Attorney's Office
District of Nevada, Civil Division
501 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Suite 1100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101