Working in Emergency Medicine for 9 years including 15,000 hours of clinical practice. During that time, has evaluated over 30,000 patients in the Emergency Department setting. Board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine. Doctor of Medicine from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. Completed residency training in Emergency Medicine at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. Experience in multiple practice settings including level-one trauma centers, academic institutions, and low-resource facilities without broad specialty support. Professorships in Emergency Medicine at Mercer University and Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Has over 2,000 hours of teaching experience with medical students. Administrative experience including current committee memberships in trauma, medical quality, and surgical quality.
Experience as an expert witness:
o Retained in 21 cases since May of 2022
o Worked with both plaintiff and defense
o Provided testimony at deposition
Areas of expertise include but are not limited to: EMTALA, emergent care/assessment of prisoners, involuntary psychiatric commitment, use of chemical and/or physical restraints in the Emergency Department, COVID-19, STEMI/acute coronary syndromes, aortic dissection, acute stroke, trauma resuscitation, airway management, central line placement, sepsis/septic shock, spinal abscess, pulmonary embolism, ectopic pregnancy, testicular torsion, ovarian torsion, meningitis, and subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Dr. Pisula is focused on delivering high quality, objective, and thorough work in a timely and professional manner. He is available for consultation, chart review, deposition, ADR, and testimony for plaintiff or defense in medical malpractice claims.
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: - Board certified in Emergency Medicine by The American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Completed Emergency Medicine residency training at The University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Medical Doctorate from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Bachelors of Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Active medical license in Georgia
- Expert witness certificate in Florida
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: - American Board of Emergency Medicine- Diplomat
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine- Fellow
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: - Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Over 2,000 hours of teaching experience with medical students
- Mercer University- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Clerkship director for rotating Internal Medicine residents
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Dr. Pisula has been retained in 19 cases since May of 2022.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Medicine (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 85%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 15%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 11/17/22
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case review, phone consultation, deposition, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: *No Charge for initial introductory phone call with attorney*
All fees are specified in retention agreement which is available on request
Available Upon Request