Dr. Pisula is an emergency medicine physician with over 15,000 hours of clinical practice. During that time, he has evaluated over 30,000 patients in the Emergency Department setting.
Dr. Pisula is experienced as an expert witness:
o Provided reviews in 40+ cases since 2022
o Worked with both plaintiff and defense
o Provided testimony at deposition
Dr. Pisula is board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine. He is experienced in multiple practice settings including level-one trauma centers, academic institutions, and low-resource facilities without broad specialty support.
Dr. Pisula is an associate professor of emergency medicine at Mercer University and an assistant professor of emergency medicine at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. He has over 2,500 hours of teaching experience with residents and medical students. He also has administrative experience including current committee memberships in trauma, medical quality, and surgical quality.
Dr.Pisula speaks in an engaging, clear and concise manner. An example of Dr.Pisula speaking publicly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXFSHwi6s50
Dr. Pisula is focused on delivering high quality, objective, and thorough work in a timely and professional manner. He is available for consultation, chart review, deposition, and testimony for plaintiff or defense in medical malpractice claims.
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: - Board certified in Emergency Medicine by The American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Completed Emergency Medicine residency training at The University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Medical Doctorate from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Bachelors of Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Active medical license in Georgia
- Expert witness certificate in Florida
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: - American Board of Emergency Medicine- Diplomat
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine- Fellow
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Over 2,500 hours of teaching experience with medical students and residents
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Mercer University- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Clerkship director for rotating Internal Medicine residents
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Dr. Pisula has been retained in 40+ since 2022.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Medicine (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 3
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6/5/23
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case review, phone consultation, deposition, testimony
Available Upon Request