Brad Bonnell is a hotel safety and security expert with expertise in:
* Forensic Liability Analysis.
* Risk Management.
* Loss Prevention.
* Hotel Security Policy Development.
* Strategic Fraud Prevention, Detection and Investigation.
* Internal Investigations.
* Crisis Management.
* Emergency Response Procedures.
* Threat and Vulnerability Assessment.
* Hotel Security Training.
Hotel Security Group's expertise knows the answers and how to prove them with:
* 28 years of global experience at the corporate level with major hotel brands.
* 15 years of law enforcement experience.
* Unmatched courtroom presentation skills.
Employed for 19 years as the Global Director of Security for the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Bonnell developed, implemented and directed threat based intelligence led security programs for 4,700 business units in 100 countries which included the following IHG brands:
* Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts.
* Holiday Inn Express.
* Staybridge Suites.
* Candlewood Suites.
* Indigo Hotels.
* Crowne Plaza Hotels.
* InterContinental Hotels.
For the past 8 years, Bonnell has served as the VP of Loss Prevention for Extended Stay American Hotels providing strategic guidance to 600 company owned and managed economy sector properties.
Bonnell is the recipient of the Tom G. Davis Loss Prevention Life Time Achievement Award presented by Hospitalitylawer.com.
During his law enforcement career, Bonnell testified as the lead investigator in over 350 felony criminal proceedings in state, federal and military courts.
Bonnell has recently been retained as an expert witness for both the defense and plaintiff in negligent security litigation involving:
* Embassy Suites.
* Holiday Inn.
* Value Place Hotels.
* Candlewood Suites.
* La Quinta Hotels.
* Westin Hotels.
* Marriott Hotels.
* Hilton Garden Inn.
* Red Roof Inns.
* Multiple independent economy sector hotels.
On behalf of the America Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) Bonnell testified before a Congressional Subcommittee of the Department of Homeland Security concerning hotel security capability in the U.S. following the terrorist attack against hotels in Mumbai.
Bonnell also possesses 15 years of law enforcement experience having served as:
* Chief of Staff, Georgia State Patrol.
* Internal Affairs Investigator, Georgia State Patrol.
* Special Agent, Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).
* Special Agent, Office of the Inspector General, Tennessee Valley Authority.
* Special Agent, US Army, Criminal Investigation Command (CID).
* Detective, Whitfield County, Dalton, Georgia Sheriff's Department.
Brad Bonnell is a member of:
* International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC).
* American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS).
* Atlanta MetroPol.
Bonnell graduated from Florida State University in 1975 with a degree in Criminology.
- Fire & Life Safety
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Hotel Security
- Lighting & Illumination
- Liquor Liability/Dram Shop
- Premises Liability
- Tourism & Travel Industry
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor's Degree in Criminology, Florida State University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) Security Committee
American Society of American Security (ASIS)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC)
Overseas Security Advisory Council
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Provided a four hour block of security training to all IHG hotel General Managers, Corporate and Franchise on average 4 times a month for 15 years.
I have also presented at the:
* Tourism Safety and Security Conference on Counter Terrorism Strategies for the Hospitality Industry
* Global Congress on Travel Risk Management concerning the Inherent Risks Associated with The Economy Sector of the Hotel Industry
* Hospitality Law Conference concerning Human Trafficking
* American Hotel and Lodging Association Security Conference concerning Fraud Risk Management
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over the last five years I have been retained as a forensic consultant and expert witness on 49 occasions.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Compliance with best industry practice concerning safety and security in the hospitality industry.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60% of the cases for which I was retained were for the plaintiff.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40% of the cases for which I was retained were for the defendant.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I have been deposed on 7 occasions over the past 5 years.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 15, 2021 - Deposed for the Plaintiff in the case of Journey Hudson v. Great American Land Company in the Superior Court of the State of California, in the County of Orange. Case No. 30-2019-01052572-CU-PO-CJC.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Qualified as an expert to provide testimony at trial twice during the past 5 years.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have testified as an expert witness in court twice during the past 5 years.
I testified for the defendant as an expert forensic consultant in 2019 in the case of Reneer v. VP Louisville and Jay Paul Moberly in the Jefferson Circuit Court, Division 8, Jefferson County, KY Case No. 15-CI-06458. Jury ruled in favor of the defendant.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Five years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Forensic Consulting, Site Safety and Security Surveys, Expert Witness Reporting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: There is no hourly rate or charge associated with consulting with an attorney.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400.00 an hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400.00 an hour. When travel is required, I ask for a "flat" total daily rate of $3,500.00.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400.00 an hour. When travel is required, I ask for a "flat" total daily rate of $4,000.00.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reasonable travel expenses to include coach class airfare, ground transportation, lodging, meals, parking, tips and tolls and personal vehicle mileage at $.55/mile.
716 S. Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Law Offices of John K. Derma
1236 Strand Street, Suite 103
Christianstead, USVI 00820
Brian J. Callahan, Esquire
McCormick & Priore, P.C.
450 Plymouth Road, Suite 204
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Big Horn Law
716 S. Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Post & Schell, P.C.
Four Penn Center
1600 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 18103
Steven L. Richards
Richards & Marsh
707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 420
Northbrook, Illinois 60062
Ryan J. Gustafson
Matovich, Keller & Huso, P.C.
Western Security Bank Building
2812 1st Avenue North, Suite 225
P.O. Box 1098
Billings, MT 59101
Hailey M. Hopper, Partner
Pierce Couch Hendrickson Baysinger & Green, LLP
1109 N. Francis Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Broussard & Hart
1301 Common Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Baskins RIchards PLC
2901 N. Central Ave., Suite 1150
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Mathias Raphael PLLC
13601 Preston Road, Suite W217
Dallas, Texas 75240
The Barnes Firm LLC
151 N. Bancroft Street
Fairhope, Alabama 36532
Megan L. Adkins
Kirz, Jenkins, Prewitt & Jones, P.S.C.
200 West Vine St, Suite 710
Lexington, KY 40588
859-255-68885 ext. 112
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial, Trial Lawyers
3344 Peachtree Road, Suite 2400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Vincent F. Kilborne III
Kilborne, Roebuck & McDonald
3515 Montlimar Plaza Dr.
Mobile, AL 36609