Brad Bonnell is a hotel security expert with expertise in:
* Forensic Liability Analysis.
* Risk Management.
* Loss Prevention.
* Hotel Security Policy Development.
* Strategic Fraud Prevention, Detection and Investigation.
* Internal Investigations.
* Crisis Management.
* Emergency Response Procedures.
* Threat and Vulnerability Assessment.
* Hotel Security Training.
Hotel Security Group's expertise knows the answers and how to prove them with:
* 26 years of global experience at the corporate level with major hotel brands.
* 15 years of law enforcement experience.
* Unmatched courtroom presentation skills.
Employed for 19 years as the Global Director of Security for the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Bonnell developed, implemented and directed threat based intelligence led security programs for 4,700 business units in 100 countries which included the following IHG brands:
* Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts.
* Holiday Inn Express.
* Staybridge Suites.
* Candlewood Suites.
* Indigo Hotels.
* Crowne Plaza Hotels.
* InterContinental Hotels.
For the past 7 years, Bonnell has served as the VP of Loss Prevention for Extended Stay American Hotels providing strategic guidance to 600 company owned and managed economy sector properties.
Bonnell is the recipient of the Tom G. Davis Loss Prevention Life Time Achievement Award presented by Hospitalitylawer.com.
During his law enforcement career, Bonnell testified as the lead investigator in over 350 felony criminal proceedings in state, federal and military courts.
Bonnell has recently been retained as an expert witness for both the defense and plaintiff in negligent security litigation involving:
* Embassy Suites.
* Holiday Inn.
* Value Place Hotels.
* Candlewood Suites.
* La Quinta Hotels.
* Multiple independent economy sector hotels.
On behalf of the America Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) Bonnell testified before a Congressional Subcommittee of the Department of Homeland Security concerning hotel security capability in the U.S. following the terrorist attack against hotels in Mumbai.
Bonnell also possesses 15 years of law enforcement experience having served as:
* Chief of Staff, Georgia State Patrol.
* Internal Affairs Investigator, Georgia State Patrol.
* Special Agent, Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).
* Special Agent, Office of the Inspector General, Tennessee Valley Authority.
* Special Agent, US Army, Criminal Investigation Command (CID).
* Detective, Whitfield County, Dalton, Georgia Sheriff's Department.
Brad Bonnell is a member of:
* International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC).
* American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS).
* Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
Bonnell graduated from Florida State University in 1975 with a degree in Criminology.
- Fire & Life Safety
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Hotel Security
- Lighting & Illumination
- Liquor Liability/Dram Shop
- Premises Liability
- Tourism & Travel Industry
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor's Degree in Criminology, Florida State University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) Security Committee
American Society of American Security (ASIS)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC)
Overseas Security Advisory Council
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Provided four hour block of security training to all IHG hotel General Managers, Corporate and Franchise for 15 years.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have recently been retained by five clients as an expert witness concerning hotel security.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Compliance with best industry practice.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: of the five cases, I have been retained by the plaintiff in one case.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Of the five cases, I have been retained four times by the defendant.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 20 times over the past 30 years.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2018 in Herrera v. Sweeting
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twice, in the US District Court of Eastern Tennessee.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have testified as the lead investigator in over 350 criminal proceedings at both the state and federal level.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Forensic Consulting, Site Security Survey, Expert Witness Reporting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300.00 an hour with a flat rate of $2,400.00 when travel is involved.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300.00 an hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300.00 an hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300.00 an hour.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reasonable travel expenses to include coach class airfare, ground transportation, lodging, meals, parking, tips and tolls and personal vehicle mileage at $.55/mile.
Broussard & Hart
1301 Common Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Baskins RIchards PLC
2901 N. Central Ave., Suite 1150
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Mathias Raphael PLLC
13601 Preston Road, Suite W217
Dallas, Texas 75240
The Barnes Firm LLC
151 N. Bancroft Street
Fairhope, Alabama 36532
Megan L. Adkins
Kirz, Jenkins, Prewitt & Jones, P.S.C.
200 West Vine St, Suite 710
Lexington, KY 40588
859-255-68885 ext. 112
Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial, Trial Lawyers
3344 Peachtree Road, Suite 2400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Vincent F. Kilborne III
Kilborne, Roebuck & McDonald
3515 Montlimar Plaza Dr.
Mobile, AL 36609