I am a psychologist and attorney with specialized training in neuropsychology, with an emphasis on cognitive, intellectual and social-emotional development and disabilities. While I have substantial research and teaching experience, I devote most of my time to "real-world" clinical work that involves the assessment and treatment of a wide range of issues. After post-doctoral work at Yale, Columbia and the National Institute of Mental Health, I directed clinics serving large populations as well as conducting my own private practice. I belong to numerous professional organizations and have publications. I also have significant trial experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Behavioral Science
- Child Psychology
- Community Mental Health
- Forensic Psychology
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Fellowship-National Institute of Mental Health/Columbia University
PhD, Psychology/Pediatric Neuropsychology,Columbia University
JD, Indiana University
BA, Purdue University, Criminal Justice/Sociology
Numerous specialty certifications in assessment instruments and evidence-based treatments. Endorsement at the highest level in infant preschool mental health and supervision. Specialty training as a parent-coordinator in high-conflict divorce cases.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Psychological Association
San Diego Psychological Association
National Academy of Neuropsychology
GreaterSchools.org (Advisory Board)
Immigration Justice Project San Diego (Advisory Board)
Child Neuropsychology (Editorial Board)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Instructor, Columbia University, Loyola University, California School of Professional Psychology, Fordham University, Indiana University
Numerous presentations and substantial commentator experience on local, state and national television and radio programs. Author of publications including a new book due out in the Fall from Chicago Review Press to help with diagnosis, treatment and navigation of the mental health system.
Topics have included (but not limited to): brain development, parenting, mental health, jury selection, criminal responsibility, learning disabilities, autism, education, evidence-based treatments, IEP development, brain and behavior, and more generally the intersection of law and psychology.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 50+ (including IEP planning); as a psychologist in court proceedings 4 major cases including eight days of testimony in Federal court; I have survived a Daubert challenge
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Toxic Tort-lead poisoning; Medical Malpractice, Olmstead/ADA claim, criminal responsibility, IEP planning; high-conflict divorce
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Six times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2013
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Four times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, trial strategy, report writing, assessment, and testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses and costs.
References upon request.