Bob Morhard is an explosive testifying expert specializing in incidents or accidents related to explosives, propellants, pyrotechnics, aerospace devices, ordnance, fireworks, ammunition, or other energetic material. With most of my cases, this involves the process of reconstructing a single, unique past event that is no longer observable, and performing a deep-dive analysis to derive the facts. Bob Morhard uses forensic tools and procedures and clearly communicates with attorneys on incidents or accidents related to energetic materials. Bob Morhard provides reliable, cogent, and concise information that is understandable by the Courts. Bob Morhard has testified before the US Congress, in US Court, many US State Courts, and many foreign courts on civil and criminal cases. Bob Morhard has 48 years of providing safe and efficient solutions related for the formulation, product development, processing, handling, storage, use, recycling and disposal of explosives, propellants and pyrotechnics supporting 722 projects in 107 countries worldwide.
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Firearms & Ballistics
- Labels & Warnings
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS, University of South Carolina
Explosives Accident Investigation Leader
Hazards Analysis and Operability Leader
US Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) School
US Army Missile Maintenance School
US Army Chemical and Biological Weapons Disposal School
US Air Force Nuclear Weapons Disposal School
US Air Force Weapons Mechanic School
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: International Society of Explosives Engineers
United Nations Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
US Department of Defense Explosives Safety Board
Technical Committee for Explosives Materials Code (NFPA 495)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Provided subject matter expertise on explosives to the US Congress, US Department of Defense, US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US agencies including the FBI, ATF, EPA, OSHA, and Transportation Security Agency, and the Department of Homeland Security. Provided briefings and subject matter expertise on explosives to select members of the white house staff on homeland security, select members of the US Senate, and select members of the US House of Representatives.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 50 +
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Civil and criminal matters related to explosives, propellants, pyrotechnics substances or articles such as fireworks, ammunition, ordnance, aerospace devices, and improvised explosives devices.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 25+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 30
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Analyzing the evidence and the scene
Hazardous materials constituents in the substance or article
Laws, statues, regulations, permits, guidance assessment
Design, ignition, initiation, and related technology assessment
Explosive’s materials physical and chemical analysis
Hazardous materials audit UN Manual of Tests and Criteria
Logistics audit US DOT and foreign codes, truck, rail, and ship
Explosive’s article and inert exemplar testing
Compliance audit and compendium US, State, and municipal law
Compliance audit and compendium NATO, and foreign government law
Compliance audit and compendium for US Department of Defense regulations
Process safety management, quantitative risk assessment
Hazardous material constituent factors, design factors, formulation assessment
Blood spatter assessment
Injury pathology assessment
Structural and materials assessment
Scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction and X ray photoelectron spectroscopy
Infrared spectroscopy and mass spectroscopy
Assessing the explosives materials involved and the donor/receptor relationships
Deflagration to detonation transition assessment
Fragmentation zone and crater analysis
Fragmentation signature analysis
Fiber signature analysis
Defining the chemical interactions of the explosive’s materials
Defining the physical chemistry handling of the explosive’s materials
Preparing maps and diagrams
Detailing the process or handling procedures on balance with the actual events.
Assessing the environmental conditions
Assessing the human factors of all persons involved
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel rate $200
Copying and printing fees
Christina A. Culver, Partner, Thompson Coe, Cousins & Irons LLP, Houston, TX firstname.lastname@example.org
Logan Owens, Partner, Carlson Fields, Atlanta GA. LOwens@carltonfields.com
Timothy M. Palumbo, Partner, Kopka Pinkus Dolin, Chicago, IL TMPalumbo@kopkalaw.com
Michael Malady, Partner, Morris, Sullivan and Lemkul LLP, San Diego, CA. email@example.com
Chris C. Hudson, Partner, Beckham Group, LLP, Dallas, Texas. firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipman & Goodwin. Sarah E. Dlugoszewski, Partner, Hartford, CT email@example.com
Mark A. Fiore, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Princeton, NJ. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathan E. Hoffman, Partner, Dechert, LLP, Chicago, IL. Nathan.email@example.com
Cory S. Reed, Partner, Thompson Coe, Cousins & Irons LLP, Houston, TX
Davis A. Bosak, Partner, Baily Javins & Carter, LLP, Charlatan, WV firstname.lastname@example.org