Mr. Swanson has managed income properties since 1988, and now oversees a portfolio of larger San Francisco apartment and office buildings as Chief of Operations for Lightner Property Group. A resident manager himself, Mr. Swanson was trained to handle the rigors of managing rent controlled apartments by attorney/landlords. His experience and good judgment led to responsibility for overseeing several other resident mangers of rent-controlled apartment buildings.
He shares his professional training , experience and managerial wisdom with others in the industry through active participation in local property management and small business associations.
Mr. Swanson is a real estate licensee (BRE #01297337) and qualified to opine on property management standard of care as well as past and present rental values of San Francisco apartment units.
Areas of Expertise
- Property Management
- Real Estate Malpractice
- Residential Real Estate
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Real Estate Licensee, California (DRE #01297337)
Certified Residential Manager, California Apartment Association
Notary Public, California
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Mr. Swanson was named San Francisco Apartment Association Property Manager of the Year for 2008.
He is a member of the Forensic Expert Witness Association, and has assumed leadership roles in...
San Francisco's Small Business Network
National Association of Residential Property Managers
Professional Property Managers Association
Building Owners and Managers Association (Government & Public Affairs Committee)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Mr. Swanson is a class instructor for California Apartment Association's program that certifies multi-family building resident managers.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 60 and counting.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Property Management
-Standard of care, multi-family residential management (mold, lead, habitability)
-Wrongful Death and Serious Personal Injury (deck collapse, railing collapse, locked window)
-Resident managers, employment practices (resident manager hours, housing)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 15%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 85%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15 and counting
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case Review and Analysis, Consulting and Site Inspections
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $375
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Direct expenses are billed to the client.
References upon request.