I am a senior cardiac surgeon with over 20 years' experience in the field. Having practiced in the both the academic and private practice environments, I am an invited lecturer at both national and international conferences and have numerous publications in the peer-reviewed literature and textbooks.
My specific areas of special expertise include the following: Adult cardiac surgery, coronary bypass surgery, valve surgery, thoracic aortic surgery, aortic dissection surgery, adult congenital heart surgery, mechanical circulatory support (i.e., LVADs), and ECMO.
Additionally, I have the world's most-viewed cardiac surgery video site (all surgeries that I personally perform and narrate) at http://www.youtube.com/heartfixer100
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Medical Malpractice
- Transplant Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1989
MBA: Weatherhead School of the Case Western Reserve University, 2015
JD Candidate: Concord Law, 2019
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Society of Thoracic Surgeons
American College of Cardiology
American Health Lawyers Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Invited Speaker, Annually: Clinical Update in Anesthesiology, Surgery and Perioperative Medicine (Cardiac Surgery)
Invited Speaker, Annually: The New Orleans Conference (Cardiac Surgery)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: cardiac surgery
aortic dissection surgery
mechanical circulatory support
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 3
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 11/16
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Once
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Three
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Available Upon Request