Dr. Khandelwal is Board-Certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, and fellowship trained in Burn and Burn Reconstruction (there is no Board Certification in Burns). He is a Burn Center Director. As a clinically active surgeon, educator and researcher, he has over 13 years of experience with the majority in an administrative/directorial role. He is an internationally recognized burn surgeon with numerous research presentations, invited lectures and presentations. He is a prolific public speaker/educator and is frequently called upon for media appearances, public education and outreach activities. Dr. Khandelwal is active in international outreach and philanthropical activities related to burn care. Dr. Khandelwal has experience with both Plaintiff and Defense cases, including medical malpractice and child abuse/neglect and has been deposed or testified in court numerous times. He is an excellent speaker who articulates and presents well to an audience or jury. He is meticulous with his chart review and will research other claims, references and citations that have been presented.
- Burn Injury
- Critical Care Medicine
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified, General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
Fellowship-trained in Burn and Burn Reconstruction
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Fellow, International College of Surgeons
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Burn Association
American College of Surgeons
Society of Critical Care Medicine
American Medical Association
International Society for Burn Injuries
Eastern Association for Surgery of Trauma
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Burns, Wounds, Trauma, Critical Care
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, IME, report/research, deposition, testimony, life-care planning
Available Upon Request