Dr. Andrew Schmidt, DO, MPH
I am an academic emergency physician in Florida with a focus in pre-hospital medicine. My primary areas of research and teaching are drowning resuscitation, drowning physiology, and water safety. I have an extensive background in open water lifesaving and teach nationally and internationally on drowning prevention, drowning resuscitation, and lifeguarding; additionally I have been involved in numerous national and international guideline publications. I have published numerous papers and book chapters on these topics and collaborate with an international network of drowning researchers. Within the hospital, my interests are critical care and trauma. I have been providing expert witness services specific to drowning physiology, resuscitation, and water safety since 2018.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Master in Public Health
BS in Biomedical Engineering
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Emergency Physicians
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Over 15 years of domestic and international lecturing on the topics of drowning, lifeguarding, and water safety. Additional national teaching and lecturing experience in emergency medicine. Numerous peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, virtual learning modules produced.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 9
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Drowning, water safety, lifeguarding
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 66
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 33
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 1
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 4
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Chart and case review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $550. Initial case discussion free.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses varying based on distance. Outlined in contract agreement.
Lewis & Brisbois (Las Vegas, NV)
Suter Law and Advocacy (Las Vegas, NV)