AEG provides expert testimony on issues in business, public policy, industry, and trade. Our consultants are experts in their fields, with credible, real-world experience. Our experts have testified in state and federal courts, legislative hearings, and commercial arbitration panels. All our experts perform professional work in situations that do not involve litigation, ensuring the credibility that is associated with true independence and real-world experience.
In most expert testimony engagements, we produce an affidavit, memorandum or other expert report for use in the proceedings. AEG reports contain clearly stated findings, and state the methodology and data that are the basis for our conclusions. Preparing a report in such a manner not only fulfills the requirements of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (and those of similar state rules), but also provides the judge, jury, or mediator with a persuasive and well-supported presentation.
AEG expert reports typically contain the following elements:
Summarization of the opinions or findings;
Description of the methodology;
Well supported analyses;
Listing of sources; and
Description of the credentials of the testifying expert.
AEG reports also may include graphical exhibits, such as financial schedules, business performance metrics, and custom maps showing the affected trade areas.
With offices in East Lansing and Chicago, we are available for cases throughout the United States.
1555 Watertower Pl, 100
East Lansing, MI 48823
20 South Clark St, Suite 2110
Chicago, IL 60603
Areas of Expertise
- Automobile Dealerships
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Franchise Valuation
- Lost Profits
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Anderson Economic Group experts include chartered financial analysts, economists, geographers, and market researchers.They have a variety of accreditations and degrees.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AEG experts are affiliated with a number of organizations, including but not limited to: American Planning Association, National Association of Business Economists, National Association of Dealer Counsel, and National Association of Forensic Economists.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: AEG experts include individuals with extensive publishing and speaking engagements, as well as former faculty members at colleges and universities.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: AEG is not aware of any for-cause removals of relevant professional accreditations of any of our experts.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: AEG experts have been retained in over 90 cases, including: federal court actions; various state court actions including state Supreme Court cases; international court of claims; arbitration hearings; and settlement or mediation proceedings.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Commercial damages, including business interference, breach of contract, lost profits, diminished value, and antitrust; valuation opinions including business valuation, intellectual property, investments, sports franchises, and mergers and acquisition fairness; franchised business disputes including termination and breach of contract, good cause analyses, trade area disputes, sales and performance evaluations, distribution network analyses, and franchise valuation; and policy and regulatory matters, including tax analyses, environment impact analyses, legislative analyses, economic development, and land use and zoning.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: The majority of the professional consulting work done by Anderson Economic Group is done for clients in the normal course of their businesses. In those engagements were we have been retained primarily to provide an expert report, the clients have been both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: See above.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: AEG experts have extensive experience in deposition and court testimony, as well as related experience in public hearings and publication. See the CV of the selected expert for more information.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: See above.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: AEG experts have been qualified to give expert testimony in both state and federal courts. Please see the CV information provided.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: See above.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Anderson Economic Group was founded in 1996 and has been providing expert testimony since that time. AEG insists on a high quality standard in its work, and prepares reports that consistently fulfill all the requirements of FRCP Rule 26, and applicable state rules.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, expert testimony, reports, articles, presentations, courtroom graphics.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Anderson Economic Group prepares an engagement letter for each client that specifies an hourly rate schedule. Normally, we use the same hourly rate for consultations, document reviews, deposition, and trial testimony. AEG normally assigns a project team that includes analysts, consultants, and testifying experts that bill at different rates.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: See above.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: See above.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: See above.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: AEG bills for professional time plus direct costs. Direct costs are billed without markup, and a summary is included with the invoice. Normally, we require a retainer payment at the beginning of an engagement, and refund any balance at the completion of the engagement.
Representative Client List of Anderson Economic Group:
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP
Atlas & Hall, LLP
Baker & McKenzie,
Bankston Groning O’Hara, PC
Bates Carey Nicolaides
Bellavia, Blatt & Crosset PC
Bose McKinney & Evans LLP
Bricker & Eckler LLP,
Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh Jardine PC
Burkhalter Kessler Goodman & George LLP
Butzel Long PC
Byrnes & Keller LLP
Charapp & Weiss, LLP
Comstock Springer & Wilson Co., LPA
Cravath, Swaine & Moore, LLP
Dickinson Wright, PLLC
Dilworth Paxson LLP
Dykema Gossett, PLLC
Foley & Lardner
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn, LLP
Jenner & Block LLP
Johnson, Hearn, Vinegar, Gee & Glass, PLLC
Kirkland & Ellis
Kohn, Shands, Elbert, Gianoulakis & Giljum, LLP
Kurkin Forehand Brandes
Leonard, Street, and Deinard
Locke Liddell & Sapp
McDermott Will & Emery
McShane & Bowie, PLC
Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson
Mika, Meyers, Beckett & Jones, PLC
Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
Morris, Pickering & Peterson
Severson & Werson
Siegel Moses & Schoenstadt, PC
Sorrell, Anderson, Lehrman, Maixner & Ridulfo, LLP
Summit Law Group
Surdyk & Baker
Warner Norcross & Judd, LLP
Watts Law Firm, LLP
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer PA
Vandeventer Black LLP
Attorney General, State of Michigan
Attorney General, State of Ohio
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
First Merit Bank
ITC Holdings Corp.
Michigan Motion Pictures, Inc.
Nestle Waters North America
Palace Sports & Entertainment
The Taubman Company
Ford Motor Company
General Motors Corporation
Honda North America
Lithia Motors, Inc.
New Country Automotive Group
Auto dealers representing: Audi, BMW,
Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler,
Dodge, Ford, GMC, Harley-Davidson,
Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Mercedes-
Benz, MINI, Nissan, Porche, Subaru, Suzuki,
Toyota, and Volkswagen brands
ALCOHOL BEVERAGE COMPANIES
Beck’s North America
Diageo North America, Inc.
The Gambrinus Company
National Wine & Spirits
PBR Knoxville, LLC
William Grant & Sons
Wholesalers representing: Anheuser-
Busch, Ballast Point, Beck’s Brewery,
Bell's Brewery, Coors, Elysian, Jim
Beam, Labatt, Miller, Molson, and
City of Cincinnati, Ohio
City of Detroit, Michigan
City of Hamtramck, Michigan
City of Lansing, Michigan
City of Sandusky, Ohio
Collier County, Florida
Commonwealth of Kentucky
Detroit-Wayne County Port Authority
Federal Government of Canada
Kent County Convention & Arenas Authority
Oakland County, Michigan
Province of Ontario, Canada
State of Michigan
State of North Carolina
State of Ohio
State of Tennessee
State of Wisconsin
U.S. Department of Commerce
Wayne County, Michigan
NONPROFIT AND TRADE ORGANIZATIONS
Ann Arbor Area CVB
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Business Leaders for Michigan
Experience Grand Rapids
Ferris State University
Grand Rapids Area Chamber
Greater Lansing CVB
Greater Naples Chamber
International Mass Retailers
The Mackinac Center for Public Policy
McClaren Healthcare Corporation
Michigan Chamber of Commerce
Michigan Economic Development
Michigan Manufacturers Association
Michigan Retailers Association
Michigan State University
National Education Association
The Nature Conservancy
The Niskanen Center
Project Management Institute
Service Employees International Union
Telecommunication Association of
University of Chicago
University of Michigan
University Research Corridor
Van Andel Institute
Wayne State University
West Virginia High-Tech Consortium
Wolverine Power Cooperative