Allen is a trusted resource for your, Insurance Claims - Construction Defects - Construction Contracts and Project claims. A Construction Expert Witness with Real-world, Hands-on construction experience and 30 years of Construction Business Operations. Allen's business operations include: Gryphon Builders is a twenty-year-old company servicing the custom home building and high-end remodeling market in affluent areas of Houston. Gryphon Property Services was formed to facilitate the immediate upkeep, as well as anticipate and execute the long-term planning of maintenance needs of large townhome communities and apartment complexes. Viewpoint Designs is the internal company that services the Design/Build segment of Gryphon Builders. In 2016 we started servicing builders and remodelers in and around the Houston market. Areas of speciality knowledge; Home Building, Home Remodeling, Design/Build, Multi-family Buildings & Architectural Design services. Allen is easily understandable, yet highly technical. He has the knowledge and know-how to stand up to the claims of other experts. He can explain your side of the case in a precise and easy to comprehend manner that all parties can understand.
- Accident Investigation
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Construction Damages
- Construction Insurance
- Home Inspections
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Professional Credentials & Training
• NAHB - Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) 2003-2020
• NAHB - Graduate Master Builder (GMB) 2004-2020
• NAHB - Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) 2004-2020
• NAHB - Certified Green Building Professional (CGP) 2004- 2020
• Texas Residential Construction Commission Star Builder, 2007-2008
• EPA – Lead RRP – Certified firm & Trainer (2009-2011)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Professional Affiliations:
• National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
• Texas Association of Builders (TAB
o Board of Directors 2009-present.
o Remodelers Council- chairman, 2010-present
o Contracts Committee
o Codes and Standards Committee
• Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA)
o Board of Directors 2008-2010
o Remodelers Council Board of Directors 2004-2011
o Custom Builders Council Board of Directors – 2010-2012, 2020
o Remodelers Council President 2009
o Education Committee, 2006 -2008, 2020. Chairman 2008
o Contracts Committee – 2011-2013
o Government Affairs Committee, 2020
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Media Appearances/Speaking Engagements:
• Houston Chronicle
• Professional Remodeler Magazine
• Qualified Remodeler Magazine
• Houston Builder Magazine
• Texas Builder Magazine
• Sunbelt Builders show
• Frequent guest host, “Home Improvement Hotline” on 950 AM
• Frequent guest host, “Real Estate U Show” on 930 FM
• GHBA – Educational Speaker
o Builders and Remodelors – Contracts Forum
o Expert Witness panel
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction Defects Claims, Wrongful Death, Architectural Building Plans and Building Models, Mold Claims, Plant Explosion Damages.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Site Inspections and documentation, Building Plans and 3D Model creation, Document and contracts review, Building Code analysis, Demolition and forensic testing, Repair or damages estimating.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $150.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $150.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350.00
Available Upon Request