Mr. Klein's areas of expertise include Property Management, Commercial/Residential Standards of Care, Industry Practices, Premises Liability, Personal Injury,Inspections, Habitability, Mold, Maintenance, Health & Safety, Contracts/Leases, Fair Housing, and Tenant/Landlord Disputes, Financial Reporting, Security,Slip/Trip & Falls, Negligent Hiring/Supervision, Policies & Procedures,
Certified Property Manager, California Real Estate Licensed, Certified Housing Manager
Over 25 years experience. Excellent References
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Premises Liability
- Property Management
- Real Estate Leasing
- Residential Real Estate
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: California State University at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration-Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations. Certified Property Manager (CPM) through the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). California Department of Real Estate-Sales Assoiciate License. Realtor through the National & California Association of Realtors. Certified Assisted Housing Manager through National Leased Housing Association. Corporate Paralegal Certificate through the University of California at Los Angeles.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Institute of Real Estate Management since 1980. Southland Regional Association of Realtors & Multiple Listing Service since 1978.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None at any time.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: From 1989 through the end of 2007, approximately 210 times. Deposed approximately 140 times and tetified in court approximately 29 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Property Management Standards of Care, Industry Standards, Residential & Commercial Property Management, Contract/Leases, Policies & Procedures, Personal Injuries, Slips & Falls, Preventative Maintenance, Health & Safety, Mold-Mildew-Fungus, Security, Habitability, Negligent Hiring/Supervision, Liability Exposure, Property Inspections, Financial Reporting, Fair Housing/Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Retaliation, Tenant/Landlord Disputes and Arbitration/Mediation.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60% to 65%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 35%-40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 140 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Three weeks ago (Last week in November 2007)
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twenty-eight (28) times (Testified in court 29 times for 28 cases.)
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twenty-eight times (28) in court and once (1) before an arbitrator.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: As a consultant/expert witness since 1989 or, eightteen (18) years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I offer case consultation, document review including financial reports, site inspections, declarations, attending opposing expert depositions & assisting with question development, and trial strategy assistance.
References upon request.