Independent Medical Examinations: Plaintiff/Defense - PTSD - Malingering - Medical Malpractice - Sexual Harassment - Neuropsychiatry - Discrimination - Custody Evaluation - Criminal Responsibility - Psychiatric Records Review - Domestic Abuse - Divorce - Disability Assessment - Competence - Testamentary Capacity - Undue Influence - Psychiatric Evaluations - Post Traumatic Disorders - Sexual Misconduct - Psychiatric Personal Injury - Psychoanalysis - Ethical Conduct - Psychiatric Malpractice - Wrongful Death -
.- Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, in General Psychiatry
.- Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, in Forensic Psychiatry
.- "Distinguished" Fellow: American Psychiatric Association
.- Chairman: Professional Ethics Committee of Psychoanalytic Assocation of New York
.- Chairman: Professional Ethics Committee of the New Jersey Psychoanalytic Society
.- Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine
.- Past-President: New Jersey Psychoanalytic Society.
.- Member Bio-Ethics Committee, Barnert Hospital, Paterson, New Jersey
.- Life Fellow: American College of Forensic Examiners
.- Member Forensic Psychiatric Committee New Jersey Psychiatric Association
.- Chairman: Professional Ethics Ad-Hoc Committee of the New York University Psychoanalytic Institute
ENGLISH / SPANISH - - - (NEW YORK and NEW JERSEY offices)
Over 30 years of Experience
see Web site: www.forensic-psych-assoc.com under "Curriculum Vitae" for profile and publications
New York Office:
155 E. 31st Street
New York, NY 10016
Areas of Expertise
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Behavioral Science
- Brain Injury
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Compulsive Gambling
- Correctional Healthcare
- Family Law
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Hospital & Medical Ethics
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Pain Management
- Personal Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sanity/Trial Competency
- School Safety
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Spousal Abuse
- Testamentary Capacity
- Undue Influence
- Workplace Violence
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: .Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, in General Psyciatry
.Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, in Forensic Psychiatry
.Diplomate: American Board of Forensic Examiners, (Psychiatry)
.Diplomate: American Board of Forensic Medicine.
.Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association
.Life Fellow of the American College of Forensic Examiners
.Service Achievement Award: NYU School of Medicine
Candidate on the Fulbright Specialist Roster: J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB), the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs (ECA), and the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), June 11, 2012.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: .American Psychiatric Association
.American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law
.American College of Forensic Examiners (Psychiatry)
.American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry
.American Neuropsychiatric Association
(complete list under "Curriculum Vitae" in website)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: .Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry - New York University School of Medicine
.Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry - Rutgers University - Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine.
.Guest Lecturer; Seton Hall University Law School (Competence,Guardianship, and Civil Commitment)
.The Scientific Alliance between Forensics and Psychiatry, Lecturer at Grand Rounds, at Barnert Hospital Department of Psychiatry, New Jersey
.Medical Malpractice, Risk Prevention, Lecturer
Forensic Psychiatry Course, to psychiatric residents at Bergen Regional Medical Center
.Professional Ethics Course, at the New York University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Psychoanalytic Institute.
.Psychiatry and the Law, Lecturer at Roving Symposium, St. Mary's Hospital, Passaic, New Jersey, sponsored by the Academy of Medicine of New Jersey
(complete list under "Curriculum Vitae",in website)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Many years (30+) of experience in State, Federal, Administrative, and Military courts, across the country and in Puerto Rico
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Medical Malpractice, Sexual Harassment, Personal Injury, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Malingering, Competence (Civil and Criminal), Insanity Defense, Diminished Responsibility, Guardianship, Child Custody Evaluations, Matrimonial, Neuropsychiatry, Testamentary Capacity, Undue Influence, Personal Injury, Sexual Offenses
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 48
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10/2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 45
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 45 (last time, November 2014)
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 30+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Examinations, consultations, advisory board
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $3,000.00 half-day or $6,000.00 full-day
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $6,000/full-day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
Maurice N Ross,Esq.
Lynn Strober, Esq
William F. Waldron, Jr., Esq
Charles I. Epstein, Esq.
27 Warren Street, suite 304
Hackensack, NJ 07601