Linnee is a Certified ENP (Emergency Number Professional) by the National Emergency Number Association (9-1-1) with 40 years of experience in the design, management and operation of public safety emergency communications systems and staff, including major Enhanced 9-1-1 systems, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems, simple to complex two way radio systems, and large and small agency emergency dispatch procedures.
He has assisted both the plaintiffs and the defendant units of government on 50+ complex cases involving allegations of wrong-doings by the 9-1-1 system and/or those who operate it. The cases range from allegedly failed medical emergency responses, to allegedly improper responses to homicide incidents, to alleged failures in dispatch equipment, processes and practices resulting in major fatal fire losses. Of note was Linnee's involvement in the $100 million out of court settlement between several defendants (led by the City of Chicago) in the 69 West Washington Street (downtown Chicago) high-rise fire in which 6 persons were killed.
Linnee has also provided consultation services to the news media in analyses of numerous high publicity 9-1-1 related incidents nationwide.
BackgroundQ: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
A: - Certified Emergency Number Professional by the National Emergency Number Association (NENA).
- Awarded "Life Member" status in the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO)
- Former Licensed Peace(Law Enforcement)Officer (1970 - 1994) State of Minnesota.
- B.A. Degree, University of Minnesota (Communications), 1970.
- Accepted as an Expert Witness for trials in U.S. District Court and numerous state court systems.
Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
A: * Long time member and former State Chapter President of NENA (National 911 professional group)
* Long time Commercial and Active class member of Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) and former International Executive Council Delegate. Awarded APCO "Life Member" status in 2008.
* Retired U.S. Army Officer (2 years Active and 18 years U.S. Army Reserve)
Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
A: * Have taught numerous technical courses for police officers, fire fighters and emergency communications dispatchers.
* Often asked to provide technical briefings on emergency communications procedures and technologies to "lay" audiences like City Councils and County Boards of Commissioners/Supervisors.
Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
A: On 52 cases.
Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
A: Analysis of complex 9-1-1 call handling complaints.
Analysis of technical performance of 9-1-1 systems and radio communications.
Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
A: 70% (based only on the number of cases)
Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
A: 30% (based only on the number of cases)
Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
A: Fifteen+ times
Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
A: June, 2013
Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
A: Over 30
Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
A: Fifteen+ times in depositions, five times in trial as an Expert. Numerous times as a police officer and city department head.
Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
A: Twelve years
Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
A: Consulting, case analysis, reports, site inspections, tape and CAD document review, policy and procedure review.
Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
A: First hour of consultation is free of charge. $225 per hour thereafter.
Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
A: $225 per hour
Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
A: $225 per hour
Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
A: $225 per hour
Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
A: Travel is on a pre-paid or cost reimbursement basis, to be negotiated.
References1. Don Rosenberg (For the plaintiff, settlement reached)
Vogel and Rosenberg
630 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
2. Kent M. Lucaccioni (For plaintiff, settlement reached)
Kent M. Lucaccioni, Ltd.
33 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60602
3. Steven H. DiNofolo (For defendant County 911 agency - case dismissed)
Ottosen Trevarthen Britz Kelley & Cooper
300 South County Farm Road, Suite 300
Wheaton, IL 60187
4. Bill Bates, Esq. & Misty Womack (For defendant, outcome unknown)
Farrar & Bates, L.L.P.
211 Seventh Avenue North, Suite 420
Nashville, TN 37219
5. Robert McCall Esq. (For plaintiff)
Baggett, McCall, Burgess, Watson & Gaughan
3006 Country Club Road
Lake Charles, Louisiana
6. Bob Rothstein (For the plaintiff - Case settled)
Rothstein, Donatelli, Hughes, Dahlstrom, Schoenburg & Bienvenu LLP
1215 Paseo De Peralta
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504
7. Lisa Herbert or Patrick Boyle (For the plaintiff - case dismissed due to state law immunity)
Frankfurt, Kurnit, Klein & Selz LLP
488 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
8. Jeff Tennyson (For plaintiff, now dismissed but on appeal)
Tennyson Law Firm
Box 1462, Jackson, WY 83001
9. Robert Wilkins (For plaintiff, stettlement reached)
Wiklins Law Firm
475 East Capitol Street
Jackson, MS 39207
10. Stephen Rappoport (For plaintiff)
RDC Law Firm
989 Waterman Avenue
East Providence, RI, 02914
11. Jim Muldoon (For defendant County government, case dismissed)
Pullin, Fowler & Flanagan Law
901 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
12. Colin H. Dunn (For plaintiffs, settlement reached)
120 N. LaSalle Street, 31st Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
13. Kevin Coluccio (For the plaintiff - settlement reached)
Stritmatter Kessler Whelan & Coluccio
200 2nd Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119-4204
13. Claudia Baio (For defandant, city police department)
Baio Law Firm
15 Elm Street
Rocky Hill, CT
14. Precious T. Martin, Sr. (For plaintiff, County government, settlement reached)
Martin Law Firm
821 North Congress Street
Jackson, Mississippi 39205
15. Patrick Rogers (For defandant, city police department - case dismissed)
Senter, Goldfarb and Rice, LLC
1700 Broadway, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80290
16. Boyd L. Warner (For defendant, County 911 department: Settlement reached)
Waters, Warner & Harris, PLLC
P.O. Box 1716
Clarksburg, WV 26302
17. Richard Treon (For plaintiff in several cases)
Paralegal: Jeanne Stump @ 602.285.4492/ JKS@treonfirm.com
Treon, Aguirre, Newman and Norris
2700 North Central Avenue
18. John Perkowsky (For plaintiff)
Ogg, Cordes, Murphy & Ignelzi
245 Fort Pitt Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
19. Josh Mullins (For defendant, County 911 department)
Pullin, Fowler & Flanagan PLLC
JamesMark Bldg., 901 Quarrier St.
Charleston, WV 25301
20. Eric Smith (For plaintiff)
59 Elm Street, New Haven CT 06510
21. H. Craig Stafford (For plaintiff)
Arnold, Stafford, Randolph
128 South Main Street, Hinesville, GA 31310
22. Nicole Fournier-Gelston (For plaintiff)
Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante
52 Trumbull Street
New Haven, CT 06510
23. Dennis Tente (For plaintiff)
Colletti and Tente Law Firm
Cranston, RI 02910
24. Javier Villarreal (For plaintiff: Settlement reached)
Villarreal Law Firm
Brownsville, TX 78526
25. Bader Giggenbach (For plaintiff, $800K jury award for plaintiff)
Brewer & Giggenbach, PLLC
Morgantown, WV 26504
26. Kent Reed (For plaintiff; Case decided for defense due to State law immunity issue)
Reed Wicker Law Firm
321 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202
27. Rudy Toth, Lead Investigator(For plaintiff: Case settled)
Grossman - Roth Law Firm
2525 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
28. David Potter, Marie VanUitert, Stacy Drentlaw or Michele Sjodt (For defendant: Settled case before verdict delivered)
Oppenheimer Law Firm, 45 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Telephone: 612-607.7336 (Marie)