I am an economist with 20 years of experience in the analysis of damages in many different kinds civil litigation. I have been retained by Plaintiff's attorneys as well as by Defendant's attorneys. My services are rendered speedily and efficiently.
Among the services I offer are the following:
1. Assist in drafting complaint and identifying recoverable damages
2. Assist attorneys in discovery
3. Preparation of written reports analysing damages
4. Thorough critique of reports prepared by economists
5. Preparation of graphical exhibits for use at trial
6. Assist attorneys preparing for depositions and cross examinations of economists
7. Expert testimony
8. Post-verdict financial calculations prescribed by statute
9. Evaluation of proposed structured settlements
My litigation experience includes the following:
1. Damages in personal injury cases
2. Damages in wrongful death cases
3. Antitrust liability and damages
4. Valuation of professional practices
5. Valuation of privately-held businesses
6. Liability and damages in securities matters
7. Damages in breach of contract cases
8. Projections of the future costs of caring for a disabled person.
9. Valuation of pension benefits
10. Design of structured settlements
11. Post-verdict adjustments to jury awards pursuant to NY CPLR Articles 50A and 50B
BackgroundQ: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
A: B.A. in Economics, State University of New York
M.A. in Economics and Finance, University of Pennsylvania
Ph.D. in Economics and Finance, University of Pennsylvania
Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
A: Full Professor of Economics and Finance
Lubin School of Business
New York, N.Y.
Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
A: More than 800 retentions
Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
A: Economics and Finance
Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
A: Retained by the attorney for the Plaintiff in approximately 80 percent of cases
Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
A: Retained by the attorney for the Defendant in approximately 20 percent of cases
Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
A: Approximately 20 depositions
Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
A: June 2005
Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
A: More than 100 cases
Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
A: More than 100 occasions of testimony
Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
A: 20 years
Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
A: Consulting and testimony
Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
A: Travel, lodging, exhibit preparation, photocopying